We were soldiers DTS!!!!!!!

T

toad

looking at the description is states the subtitles can not be removed, is this correct? not worth getting for the DTS if the subtitles are on all the time.

M

maggi

It´s on order ,so when i get it i´ll let you guys know if subtitles can be removed or not.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
There's 4 different sets of subtitles though (Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish), so surely they must be removeable?

Baffled.

M

maggi

I think ít´s the same as on Austin Powers :Spy who shagged me
(Scandinavian Version by the way)
When you go into the subtitles menu you only have a choice of Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and Danish but if you dont choose any and go to the play movie in that menu you dont get any subtitles.

T

toad

if the subtitles can be removed I will get one what price is it in GBP.

M

maggi

Well guys
the subtitles can not be removed:(

They seem to have produced the dvd with that in mind, because
when you put it in there is a menu that makes you choose your country:Danish,Finnish,Norwegian or Swedish.

You cant get by this menu.
Once you have chosen your country the subtitles default to that , and there is no way to change it.

That said the PQ is okay and the main reason i bought this DVD
DTS SOUND:eek:
Oh my it´s gooood.
Perhaps that´s the reason they have nonremovable subtitles.

They release it in scandinavia and have to have those subs nonremovable in exchange for DTS sound,who knows ????

Anyway here you have it:D

Wedlock

Here in Holland We Were Soldiers will be released with DTS sound on December 11th.
The dutch subs are removable and the picture is anamorphic as well.

Maybe this is a better buy than the Scandanivian one :confused:

Greetz,

bowenjones

maggi,
have you tried disabling the subtitles through
your dvd setup menu?
give it a go and let us know.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by maggi

when you put it in there is a menu that makes you choose your country:Danish,Finnish,Norwegian or Swedish.

It does that on nearly every Danish disc I've got but all can be switched off with the "subtitle on/off" button on my remote. If there's more than one set of player generated subtitles it has to be selectable otherwise there'd have to be 4 different versions of the film on the disc, surely:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom