"We put a man on the moon, but..."

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humans like to think of themselves as pretty clever. We pat ourselves on the back for the technological advances we've made.

However, there are some things that leave much to be desired in the field of advancement.

I've been finding myself saying the thread title a lot recently then going on to describe issues that really need to be solved in a manner that is fitting of our intellect.

For instance:

After getting fish & chips home from the chippy... "We put a man on the moon, but... can't make paper that chips don't stick to."

Watching the world athletics on TV... "We put a man on the moon, but... athletes in aerodynamic gear that's been subject to years of refinement to enhance performance, still have to attach two huge pieces of paper to it with safety pins so we can see who they are."

Anymore... ???

Despite years of research into ceramic coatings, we still need a bog brush to get rid of skid marks - even in space!
True...

I know there is a coating that they can put onto the inside of ketchup bottles etc so that it ALL drips to the bottom with little to no waste.

Maybe that should go on toilet bowls?

True...

I know there is a coating that they can put onto the inside of ketchup bottles etc so that it ALL drips to the bottom with little to no waste.

Is there!? It doesn't seem to work then as I always end up with loads stuck round the inside at the bottom (which by that point is the top turned upside down) 😄

True...

It has always annoyed how poor our toilets are at cleaning themselves. 😃😃😃

Is there!? It doesn't seem to work then as I always end up with loads stuck round the inside at the bottom (which by that point is the top turned upside down) 😄
Yep, I said that they CAN put the coating on. However, they don't because they lose out in two ways. The bottles cost more to produce and if there's less waste we wouldn't have to buy as much.

Yep, I said that they CAN put the coating on. However, they don't because they lose out in two ways. The bottles cost more to produce and if there's less waste we wouldn't have to buy as much.
So in that case are you suggesting that toilet manufacturers are in cahoots with bog brush manufacturers??

So in that case are you suggesting that toilet manufacturers are in cahoots with bog brush manufacturers??
I wasn't, but now you mention it. Who knows...??? :D

Imagine how much of a drop in the sale of loo cleaning products there would be if loo bowls were non-stick.

Although I doubt the coating that can be used on condiment bottles would actually work on a toilet bowl???

Last edited:
Despite years of research into ceramic coatings, we still need a bog brush to get rid of skid marks - even in space!
I seem to remember that Teflon coating was considered? Plus, why isn’t there a spray or foam that dissolves skid marks? There was a spray called Boom- have seen it around for a long timeBog brushes are disgusting .

Mankind still seems to prefer making cold meat packages (bacon, sliced ham, etc) with the little "peel here" tab that never peels off. This invariable results in the pack having to be stabbed open and wrecking any "keep fresh" benefit of the packaging.

Mankind still seems to prefer making cold meat packages (bacon, sliced ham, etc) with the little "peel here" tab that never peels off. This invariable results in the pack having to be stabbed open and wrecking any "keep fresh" benefit of the packaging.
Oh my god. This drives me insane. Every time. Every good damn time!

We put a man on the moon but we still think cats, nature's most perfect killing machines, make cute and cuddly pets.

We can put a man on the moon but we still cant resist saying hello into a toy phone.
Both interesting contributions, but probably not things that can be changed through invention... more mind control?

we can't make a toilet roll that allows you to use the last sheet of the paper, it always comes off shredded

think how many trees could be saved 🤔

We can't seem make zips that don't last for a year without jamming up and leaving us with no option than to simply throw the piece of clothing away.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom