1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We didnt know how lucky we were

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Thunder, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was on the forum the other day and was having a look in the Arcam section. Reading one of the threads really made me think how lucky we were as TMA owners and how a lot of people were totally over expectant of the service. A couple of Arcam AV8 owners were talking about their processors. Its been over a year since the release of PL2x and they were talking about the fact that they hoped it would be available as a software upgrade for the AV8 soon (we got it straight away :D ). But they also said that if an upgrade wasnt made available then they hoped that Arcam would bring out a replacement processor that they could upgrade to, to get all the latest developments! Can you imagine what would have happened to Udo should it have been announced on the old TMA forum that in order to get some of the latest software you would have to ditch your old AV32R and buy the new one! Udo would have been roasted alive! In fact if new software and hardware upgrades wernt made available as soon as they had been released Udo used to get roasted by many. The fact that owners of other brands of equipment seem to be quite happy to ditch their 3K two year old processor just to get the latest widgets shows us just how lucky we were with the service supplied by TMA :lesson:

2. Bogi

Bogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well to be really honest, I realized all the time how incredibly unique the whole TMA staging was. Which was one of the reason I jumped on that train while there was time. And thankful for that I am!!!

The AV32R DP with its slim design and feature ladden offerings paired with the truly unique Tag Helpdesk and, not least, Tag Forum, is one of a kind deal and I believe that a few years down the line, I'll recall that time with a smile on my face, that I was actually "there" and part of those few golden years! :thumbsup:

We even got a DPLIIx 2nd generation after the first upgrade. And some don't even have a 1st...

Not to mention TMREQ... :D

The versatility and flexibility of my unit still amazes me... :)

3. mlinhares

mlinhares
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Couldn't agree you both of you more. :clap:

The products are excellent and not only a technological achievement they were built with a huge amount of love (if I can use that expression). The fact that people like Dr. Zucker, John, Steve and Mark for instance still visit this "Tag forum" and defend their "babies" proves it.

They deserve a big "thank you". Just hope this new guys don't spoil everything… :lease:

4. Welly123

Welly123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm afraid that your hopes may be too late.... I would say that after 9 months of reading the message "under new management.... be patient..." the new owners have already "spoilt everything". They certainly have failed to live-up-to the reputation that they inherited and it will cost much time and effort to try and re-generate... can't see them doing that :(

Regards

5. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The point is I dont think anyone could ever be as good as TMA were. The products will now be built in China, which may have one benefit in that they should come down in price. As for build quality is concerned Im not sure. The thing is formula 1 has more money invested into its research and development than just about any other sport I can think of and TMA had all these very advanced resources at their disposal. I cant think of another small scale manufacturer that has that sort of facility. I cant imagine that IAG will stand a chance in trying to match the sort of development facilities and personnel that TMA had at their disposal. I dont think they will be as cutting edge as they have been :mad: I think we will start to see more and more OEM solutions :nono: As Udo has said many times I think we are at a turning point where the technology has become so advanced and changes so rapidly that small scale companies that used to build just stereo equipment are out of their depth as they cant absorb the development costs needed to produce these kinds of products. I suppose your OK if you make just speakers, for now anyway.......... :devil:

6. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Steady now, lads.
    If there is any more blubbing over our losses, we risk Billy Connerly or Boris Johnson joining the forum.