WDTV v1 - recommended pic and audio settings ?

jmbrailsford

Hi,

I have just acquired a WDTV v1 for the bedroom and was wondering the best way to ensure I get optimum image quality but more importantly the easiest way to make sure I get audio from my blurays as they mostly have DTS which of course the v1 can't downmix. I will be using the TV's audio as no amp in the bedroom :(

I always rip my blurays using BDinfo and TsMuxer out to a Bluray folder with no compression. I want to still do this but will I need to do a 2nd version to work on the WDTV or do I just keep the AC3 audio as well as the DTS track when running TsMuxer?

Sorry if the answer to this is in the WDTV thread but at 2000+ posts I thought it easier to ask than trawl through loads of info that at this stage I don't want/need :smashin:

Thanks,

Mike.

Last edited:

jmbrailsford

Hi,

DOH!

just noticed on wiki that it doesn't support m2ts which will I suppose means that I DO have to re-encode my blurays to work on it :(

Ah well I should have read up a bit more before buying, it might be back up for sale very soon :laugh:

Mike.

next010

Distinguished Member
Use MakeMKV instead, no compression and dumps to MKV container no need to mess around with BDinfo/Tsmuxer. Just take the standard AC3 audio track, lossless Flac encoding is coming soon to MakeMKV as well so you will be able to use that instead of AC3/DTS/DTS-MA/TrueHD/LPCM.

However you may run into compatibility issues as the WDTV v1 is not fully up to Blu-ray spec so some will work and some wont.

The 2011 WDTV Live is much better box, I would consider ditching the v1 if possible and get the newer version which wont have any problems with AC3/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-MA downmix and can handle Blu-ray video.

jmbrailsford

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I think it will back up for sale very soon as I can't be bothered re-doing all my files for it, trying make mkv the now and over 2 hours later its still processing :(

Do you know if the B-rad firmware would help?

Mike.

jmbrailsford

Hi,

One problem I have with make mkv is the occasional picture break up and sound problems, where with tsmuxer it has been perfect every time.

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom