WDTV v1 - recommended pic and audio settings ?

jmbrailsford

Hi,

I have just acquired a WDTV v1 for the bedroom and was wondering the best way to ensure I get optimum image quality but more importantly the easiest way to make sure I get audio from my blurays as they mostly have DTS which of course the v1 can't downmix. I will be using the TV's audio as no amp in the bedroom :(

I always rip my blurays using BDinfo and TsMuxer out to a Bluray folder with no compression. I want to still do this but will I need to do a 2nd version to work on the WDTV or do I just keep the AC3 audio as well as the DTS track when running TsMuxer?

Sorry if the answer to this is in the WDTV thread but at 2000+ posts I thought it easier to ask than trawl through loads of info that at this stage I don't want/need :smashin:

Thanks,

Mike.

Last edited:

jmbrailsford

Hi,

DOH!

just noticed on wiki that it doesn't support m2ts which will I suppose means that I DO have to re-encode my blurays to work on it :(

Ah well I should have read up a bit more before buying, it might be back up for sale very soon :laugh:

Mike.

next010

Distinguished Member
Use MakeMKV instead, no compression and dumps to MKV container no need to mess around with BDinfo/Tsmuxer. Just take the standard AC3 audio track, lossless Flac encoding is coming soon to MakeMKV as well so you will be able to use that instead of AC3/DTS/DTS-MA/TrueHD/LPCM.

However you may run into compatibility issues as the WDTV v1 is not fully up to Blu-ray spec so some will work and some wont.

The 2011 WDTV Live is much better box, I would consider ditching the v1 if possible and get the newer version which wont have any problems with AC3/DTS/TrueHD/DTS-MA downmix and can handle Blu-ray video.

jmbrailsford

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I think it will back up for sale very soon as I can't be bothered re-doing all my files for it, trying make mkv the now and over 2 hours later its still processing :(

Do you know if the B-rad firmware would help?

Mike.

jmbrailsford

Hi,

One problem I have with make mkv is the occasional picture break up and sound problems, where with tsmuxer it has been perfect every time.

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom