• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WDTV Overseas

Hi, ive been using my WDTV live great for over 6 months now and really enjoy it, im going to be spending a fair bit of time in Malaysia towards the back end of the year and was wondering how do i go about using it overseas to stream iplayer and netflix etc as i believe these services will be blocked outside of the UK. Rather not have to pay for any extra services to do this unless no alternative option.

thanks for any suggestions.

stourbridge

Standard Member
Hi

Put iplayer and netflix in your favorites and on the dashboard of your WDTV - they should not disappear. Alternatively, or as well, you can rollback the firmware to version 1.06.04 which has both of these services but no geo-blocking feature. You will have to subscribe to a VPN service to mask your location.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom