Question WDTV Live not able to detect any devices on home network

JonnyTester

I have had a WDTV Live box for around 8 years and have never had a network issue with it before now. But I got a RavPower FileHub Plus device a few weeks ago and this is what has happened...

Basically, the RavPower FileHub Plus is a wifi router which outputs its own wifi network. It connects to the primary router by ethernet or wifi. It also afts as a nedia streamer and external phone/tablet charger. I have it connected to the primary router by gigabit homeplug. All devices in the house can connect to the extended network and get access to networked storage devices, each other, and to the internet. But the WDTV just connects to the extended network and although it has internet access, it can't see anything else on the local network. Anyone any idea why this would be the case, and if theres anything I can do to get around it?

Otherwise the RavPower device is outstanding. Wifi coverage is excellent, reaching places other signals don't, connection is fast and rock steady, and it can stream any video and audio codecs.

next010

Distinguished Member
Typically when plugging one router into another for the new router to act as an access point you must;
* disable DHCP on new router
* disable UPnP on the new router
* assign it a fixed IP address outside the DHCP range of the primary router (optional but recommended)

It looks like this RavPower has an AP mode which may automatically do some of the above, there is a smartphone app to control this device along with browser login, settings look very basic, under network services I would disable Samba/DLNA services and see if the WDTV can properly browse the network after that.

If not check that the device is in AP mode and that DHCP on the Ravpower is disabled and the Rav IP is manually set to an IP outside the range of your primary router.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom