WDTV How to access network share using router

P

poweruser123

Hi Guys,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/roomlayoutt.jpg/

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2251/roomlayoutt.jpg

I need big help here as you can see in picture I have my room layout and setup, my WDTV live media player is in Room 1, where all my AV equipments are set up properly. my WDTV live media player working well with wireless router Linksys E1200 for buffering Youtube videos, Facebook, AOL HD, Daily motion etc........ The problem is when I try to connect WDTV live with my desktop PC for network share, it won't connect & as I move my WDTV live media player close to my room 2 almost near the door or nearby my desktop PC, I am able to connect with my network share (I have Windows 7 installed on my PC). I just don't know what the real problem here. I have TP-LINK TL-WN951N wireless adapter which has 3 antennas and 300 mbps speed (this is claim by tp-link). So why I not able to connect with my network share. And I can't place my WDTV live media player in room 2 due to my AV equipments. & I can't move my desktop PC to room 1 also..... So how can I able to connect my WDTV Live media player with my desktop PC?.......

As I have Linksys E1200 wireless router so is there any alternative way, with the help of this router( Linksys E1200 ) I can able to connect with my desktop PC network share.....now as you can see my wireless router connected with my ASDL model.(Connection ASDL Ethernet port with Linksys Internet Port).

In my opinion it may be range problem of my wireless adapter which is installed on my desktop PC but is there any device or something which help me to expand my wireless range of my PCI wireless adapter ( TP-LINK TL-WN951N). So i can able to connect.

Please give me some solution on Network share.& please let me know how can I connect those devives.. PLZ PLZ....

Thanks…

Wi fi can be notoriously unreliable when streaming content , as you have found out. Regardless of the specs of your wi fi hardware , a huge part of its performance is based on your surroundings , the layout and build of your house determines what kind of reception you will get over wi-fi.

Even if you did get an extender , chances are you would have jerky playback on HD content or audio dropouts when playing music.

A far better solution is to go wired. These will do the trick , you need one plugged in beside your router with the ethernet cable in the router ,and one plugged in beside your WDTV and the ethernet cable plugged into that. This is a twin kit ,and should get you up and running with no issues.

TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks for reply.....

I have all my AV componant & PC hook up with belkin spike guard.. so does it work well with these spike guard ?..... I can able to access my internet over WDTV as u can see, there is clear distaence between linksys router and WDTV live..., but if i want to access network share in this case this will work... or i need to plug these tp-link twin kit exact near my desktop PC...

Thanks....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom