• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WDTV does it work with Iplayer?

Mr Lazy

Established Member
I tried WDTV 1 with Tversity Pro (which supports iplayer) but it didn't work. It must be down to the DRM. Also FWIW, I've not heard of anyone on wdtvforum.com that's got it working either (though there don't seem to be many UK users).

next010

Distinguished Member
WDTV [1] - no.

WDTV Live [2] - its possible it already supports some online video services like Youtube but WD would probably have to add in support for the iPlayer.

NX3

Prominent Member
TVersity can be made to work and its free unlike PlayOn. You could probably get XBMC UPNP server to server up iPlayer as well, again its free. PlayOn does work, quality isn't great and your supposed to buy it.

Mr Lazy

Established Member
Are you guys refering to the WDTV Live or the gen 1 WD TV HD (with custom firmware of course)?

Member 351202

Established Member
Have a search on this forum for iplayer support it comes up everyweek.

Basic answer is "yes" but not out of the box.

I would leave it for now iplayer is getting better support every day you would be hard pressed to find a device that cant playback iplayer contact by the end of the year.

ParisV

Established Member
Have a search on this forum for iplayer support it comes up everyweek.

Basic answer is "yes" but not out of the box.

I would leave it for now iplayer is getting better support every day you would be hard pressed to find a device that cant playback iplayer contact by the end of the year.

do you have any links on how to get this working?

I've just bought one!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom