• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WD TV Live - through DVI

mj32

Standard Member
Hi All,

Been thinking about a WD TV Live for a while, but have a questions.

My LG LCD Monitor/TV has no HDMI socket :facepalm:, so I use the component input for the XBOX 360, which works well.

This leaves me a scart a vga and dvi.

Does anyone know if going from hdmi into dvi is OK for picture quality? i.e. will it still give me a high def picture?

Or shall i just use the vga for the 360 and the component for the wd tv live?

Thanks for any advice offered in my current cable confusion!

Mike

shaunyboy

Established Member
Hi
just buy a HMDI TO DVI adapter and plug into you dvi socket thats what im using on my TVIX and Med8er players and i used it on my wdtv player when i had one
hope this helps
shaunyboy

Jeffers01

Established Member
Yep, no problem with the adaptor, I use one for my projector and there's no loss of quality. You won't pass sound though but I'm sure you knew that.

mj32

Standard Member
Cheers for the replies guys!

Have just ordered the wd tv live this morning - can't wait :)

I got a hdmi -> dvi lead at the same time as I dont have any hdmi's to adapt from anyway...

Audio I will look at later as I have some 3.5mm->3.5mm and 3.5mm->phono leads around in the pc 'bits box'. As it's going into a bedroom atm, I have no amp or digital in to use for audio.

Just been playing around the MKV files on the PC which seems to work nice with the makeMKV app. Just have to see if the audio comes through.

Jeffers01

Established Member
Just make sure you set the audio option to 'stereo' and you should be fine as that will downmix any AC3 or DTS 5.1 format and output it through the RCA phonos

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom