WD-TV Live Owners Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 362920

Novice Member
WD-TV Live WDBAAP0000NBK-EESN is now shipping

full spec

WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player 1080p full-HD media player for DVD-quality video

Highlights
 Full-HD 1080p resolution
 Play a wide variety of file formats
 Play network and internet content

Features
 Play Full HD 1080p video, music and photos on your HD TV
 Supports widest variety of file formats and devices
 Network capable for easy access to the newest content from PCs, network drives, internet favorites
Kit Contents
 Media Player
 Compact remote with batteries
 Composite AV cable

Compatibility
HDMI, Full HD (1080p), AAC, MP3, JPEG, USB 2.0, H.264, SimplayHD™, Energy Star®, Dolby Digital, DTS, DLNA, Bonjour, AVCHD,

Windows Vista
Note: Compatibility may vary, depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.

Product Specifications
Interfaces Ethernet
USB 2.0 (input)
HDMI (output)
Composite A/V (output)
RoHS compliant1 Yes
Limited warranty2 Varies by region
Power Specifications Environmental Specifications
AC input voltage 100~240 V Operating temperature 5°C to 35°C
AC input frequency 50~60 Hz Non-op. temperature -40°C to 65°C
Product Dimensions
Height 1.57 in (40 mm)
Width 4.94 in (125.5 mm)
Depth 3.94 in (100 mm)
Weight 0.67 lb (303 g)

Media Formats
AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1),
TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1) MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9
JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
Playlist – PLS, M3U, WPL
Subtitle – SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, SMI

MPEG2 [email protected] up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution. MPEG4.2 [email protected] up to
1280x720p30 resolution and no support for global motion compensation. WMV9/VC-1 [email protected] up to 1280x720p60
or 1920x1080p24 resolution. VC-1 [email protected] up to 1920x1080i30, 1920x1080p24, or 1280x720p60 resolution.

H.264 [email protected] up to 720x480p30 or 720x576p25 resolution. H.264 [email protected] and [email protected] up to 1920x1080p24,
1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution.

An audio receiver is required for multi-channel surround sound digital output.

Compressed RGB JPEG formats only and progressive JPEG up to 2048x2048.

Single layer TIFF files only. Uncompressed BMP only. Specific details, please refer to the user manual.

Attachments

Last edited:

Member 362920

Novice Member
i thought rrp was £99.99 :(
I only found 1 supplier with stock so maybe im paying too much :(

*UPDATE*
i Found a NEW supplier looks like i was getting ripped off price has dropped

*update2*
even cheaper now - wow the first guy was really trying it on :) - so its good news for me and you guys now :)

Last edited:

Scottland

I only found 1 supplier with stock so maybe im paying too much :(

*UPDATE*
i Found a NEW supplier looks like i was getting ripped off price has dropped

*update2*
even cheaper now - wow the first guy was really trying it on :) - so its good news for me and you guys now :)
Still stock scheduled for tomorrow?

talas

Banned
Hiya Pete thx for the info on this player.Seems like some early reviewers over at
AVS have got there hands on this and looks very very promising...:thumbsup:

Sorry to ask this haven`t been on a while how do i get FREE delivery from Scan
No ive seen it mentioned cant find the post :oops:.

Member 362920

Novice Member
Hiya Pete thx for the info on this player.Seems like some early reviewers over at
AVS have got there hands on this and looks very very promising...:thumbsup:

Sorry to ask this haven`t been on a while how do i get FREE delivery from Scan
No ive seen it mentioned cant find the post :oops:.
you have to link your avforum account to your scan account the details are here

AVForums Home

look at the Very very last line it should say something like this

Good news - you qualify for the SCAN & AVForums loyalty programme!
Click here to visit the SCAN website and log in/register to qualify for free delivery on all orders over £20 (excluding VAT).​

johnieutah

Pete, these are due in tomorrow, does that mean they'll ship straight away? What are the stocks and pre-orders like?

Cheers, Matt.

Member 362920

Novice Member
micom-online any good?

none in stock but priced at £96 delivered
hmm i would say go for it and take advantage but i never heard of this company before so its a bit risky as there is no chance they can sell at that price its under disty (supplier cost) and way under mine and im going very low as it is.

BigBilly

Looking for a media player which I can watch using HDMI - HD picture, 5.1 sound, etc on main plasma but at the same time also distribute composite feed to other rooms.

Do we know if this can be accomplished with the WDTV?

dwhite

i cant give prices or links to the scan website - as its not allowed
Actually Pete you can, if its a direct answer to a question by a member, in this case whats the price:

AVForums rule 7 states the following:
AVForums members must not solicit business from within posts. An example of this is saying 'We sell...'. Soliciting business undermines paid advertising which keeps these forums running. Retailers, manufacturers and distributors are invited (even encouraged) to post information about products on the forums provided it is factual, is generally for the benefit of forum members and doesn't break this rule. ‘Assured Advertisers' have a limited amount of latitude within rule 7.

Rule 7 exists for two main reasons:

* to stop spam. Nobody wants to see people posting adverts in threads.
* to maintain AVForums' revenue streams from paid advertising.

As an advertiser, rule 7 can be a tricky one to judge (as well as implement by the moderators). Nobody may solicit business in posts. This extends as far as us preventing a retailer from letting people know when they have stock of a product.
However, there is a situation when rule 7 can work against the ethos of the forums. Let's look at a reasonably common example. Someone asks for a retailer in their local area. One of our advertisers is not allowed to reply to their question yet another member is allowed to recommend a non-advertiser. That seems very unfair because advertisers with AVForums are putting in the effort to contribute to the forums, yet are gagged by our rules and are unable to help a poster.

Our Assured Advertiser scheme allows advertisers to reply to direct questions with answers which would otherwise break rule 7. These replies must answer the original question(s) and may include a link to their website provided the link is relevant to the answer. AVForums reserves the right to amend or delete any posts by assured advertisers which break any of the forum rules.
Its just if its not in a direct answer to a question, its then seen as just advertising.

lunch_box

How do these compare to the Popcorn hour a110?? Obviously no internal HD support but apart from that??

Liking the look of it and may have to take the plunge if first impressions are favourable :)
Edit: How is it compared to Asus oplay HD as well......Sorry about the potentially dumb questions, im new to all this

Last edited:

talas

Banned
How do these compare to the Popcorn hour a110?? Obviously no internal HD support but apart from that??

Liking the look of it and may have to take the plunge if first impressions are favourable :)
Edit: How is it compared to Asus oplay HD as well......Sorry about the potentially dumb questions, im new to all this

Heres Your answer from a new owner of the WD LIVE ON avs..Spider 2K..

just picked up one this morning to compare it to my pch-a110. i plugged it in and it saw my NV+ just fine, plays every video i had on there without fail.

i tried a couple of files the pch-a110 wouldn't play properly(DB bleach has issues, taka naruto wont play sound,and the new db bleach movie would lose sync when pausing or skipping forward/back). the WD live had none of these issues.

im going to give it another few days of testing but this may replace my pch-a110. the reason i chose it over the previous version was the internal drive bay and networking ability. now that i have a 6TB NAS the new WD live may be my preferred player.

NeilF

just picked up one this morning to compare it to my pch-a110. i plugged it in and it saw my NV+ just fine, plays every video i had on there without fail.

i tried a couple of files the pch-a110 wouldn't play properly(DB bleach has issues, taka naruto wont play sound,and the new db bleach movie would lose sync when pausing or skipping forward/back). the WD live had none of these issues.

im going to give it another few days of testing but this may replace my pch-a110. the reason i chose it over the previous version was the internal drive bay and networking ability. now that i have a 6TB NAS the new WD live may be my preferred player.
How quick/responsive is the interface?

How quick are photos? (say <1mb in size)

lunch_box

Thanks for that, will keep an eye on the thread over next few days and see how peeps are getting on.

Dreadaxe

Standard Member

DB have no idea how to encode video(should be arrested for improper use of avi container) so if it plays their stuff that's great

have you tries any ass subbed mkv

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published