Wd Passport Hard Drive Re-connecting

E

ekafka

Some months ago I installed an external hard drive model WD600U017-001 , connected via a USB hub, without any difficulty. Unfortunately I recently disconnected the hard drive, with the computer off, without clicking on the Safely Remove Hardware icon. I found that I when I re-connected the hard drive it did not show up on the
"My computer" screen as a visible drive. I have tried to re-install the drive using the Add Hardware wizard but this showed a model WD90C24 (which I believe is incorrect) and then I got the message "Install class is not present or is invalid". Is there any way of re-connecting the hard drive ?

PeterNav

Standard Member
You mention you disconnected the drive "with the computer off". That should not have caused a problem with the attached device.
Googling "WD90C24" shows that device is an old LCD graphics chip. Are you perhaps using an old laptop computer? If so it might really have a WD90C24 fitted and the error would probably have nothing to do with the WD drive.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom