WD live 1TB hub and squeezebox

darren68uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have done some searching but not really found any answers per say, so thought i'd just ask here in the thread of knowledge :D

love my wdtv hub, and have played music from it via my freecom internet wirless streamer,

but have now purchased a squeezbox (foolishly without research:confused:) and cannot play my music off my wdtv thru it ,

any ideas!!! is it possible to run squeezebox server from the wd hub??

is it possible to run squeezebox server from the wd hub??
No - Squeezebox server needs to be running on a PC or NAS as no media players AFAIK would have the processing power required to run it.

Mark.

No - Squeezebox server needs to be running on a PC or NAS as no media players AFAIK would have the processing power required to run it.

Mark.

hey Mark

thaks for the input, well was considering getting a 2x2TB nas as a back up for the getting full wdtv hub,. will any nas do it or does it have to be specific?:)

I think there are several makes of NAS that can runi SS, but certainly not all of them. So do your homework before buying a NAS.

Logitech Media Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Logitech Media Server itself can run on a number of NAS devices, such as QNAP Turbo NAS, Synology Disk Station, NETGEAR ReadyNAS, Buffalo Linkstation, Linksys NSLU2, THECUS N5200 & N7700, Xtreamer eTRAYz and any device running FreeNAS software. Logitech Media Server also comes pre-installed on the VortexBox Linux distribution and VortexBox appliance.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom