• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WD live 1TB hub and squeezebox

darren68uk

hey guys,

i have done some searching but not really found any answers per say, so thought i'd just ask here in the thread of knowledge :D

love my wdtv hub, and have played music from it via my freecom internet wirless streamer,

but have now purchased a squeezbox (foolishly without research:confused:) and cannot play my music off my wdtv thru it ,

any ideas!!! is it possible to run squeezebox server from the wd hub??

MarkE19

is it possible to run squeezebox server from the wd hub??
No - Squeezebox server needs to be running on a PC or NAS as no media players AFAIK would have the processing power required to run it.

Mark.

darren68uk

No - Squeezebox server needs to be running on a PC or NAS as no media players AFAIK would have the processing power required to run it.

Mark.

hey Mark

thaks for the input, well was considering getting a 2x2TB nas as a back up for the getting full wdtv hub,. will any nas do it or does it have to be specific?:)

MarkE19

I think there are several makes of NAS that can runi SS, but certainly not all of them. So do your homework before buying a NAS.

Logitech Media Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Logitech Media Server itself can run on a number of NAS devices, such as QNAP Turbo NAS, Synology Disk Station, NETGEAR ReadyNAS, Buffalo Linkstation, Linksys NSLU2, THECUS N5200 & N7700, Xtreamer eTRAYz and any device running FreeNAS software. Logitech Media Server also comes pre-installed on the VortexBox Linux distribution and VortexBox appliance.

Mark.

darren68uk

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom