WBAC used car prices

WBAC purchased the car. Motorway was £500 less

Yes and would agree WBAC would try and knock down but this sale is going via Motorway. @J3OEF has supplied all the photos and condition which is different to the WBAC process.

So long as you have been open and honest with lots of pictures then not sure they can argue. (Bit of a wasted trip depending on where they are coming from too)

My FIL hadn't removed the roof rack before taking the photos so didn't realise there was a minor bit of damage to the door plastic trim around it.
done everything that was asked in terms of photos and supplied all information requested from servicing, cambelt changes etc. They are coming from Bristol to Lancashire so quite a journey :)

All done and dusted.

Knocked £300 off due to stone chips around the front area which motorway failed to add to the buyers report so he wasn't aware of it.

And the sat nav wasn't working which was odd as it was previously working but we've never used it so I accept that.

Still fetched £700 more then what WBAC offered.

How quick did the money take to come though?

How bad were the stone chips

The dealer that came to pick up my father-in-law's car drove 2 hours to pick it up (a Hyundai). Checked the car there was some slight damage from removing the roof rack so think they agree on £100 reduction. They then transferred the money to my FIL bank account there and then. For some reason it took longer than normal to come through, so they ended up having to wait until it appeared in the account. Only after that point would they take the car.

I assume that would be the case but different dealers might be different.
You mentioned it was damage to plastic trim ? Wow, £100.

This was when I managed to scrape a door on my mrs car (and no she wasn't happy), the dealer knocked off £150 for trade in price.

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_192242.jpg
    IMG_20200909_192242.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 70
You mentioned it was damage to plastic trim ? Wow, £100.

It was a vinyl trim around the door which would need unpeeling off, any underlying damage resprayed and then reapplying, so quite fiddly.

Used car prices are just ridiculous now. I bought my current car 2018 Vauxhall Viva almost 3 years ago, have done nearly 24 000 miles and WBAC are offering me just under £500 what i paid for the car, 3 years ago

Great if I was in the market, but of course I need another car and car prices are just crazy at moment.

So its swings and roundabouts really

Cazoo have come in with a blinding price for my car. Anybody sold to them before?

Cazoo have come in with a blinding price for my car. Anybody sold to them before?

Have you also had a quote off evans halshaw, I’ve always found them to be the best (well at quoting lol) I’ve not used them myself.

we sold our car to the car buying group. We were open and honest about the damage and they didn't knock us down in the price offered.

The chap who collected said they basically take the older cars which are damaged, which ours was a 63 plate Astra to auction and Cinch and Cazoo are buying pretty much all stock. We got £3500 for our car and he reckons at auction it will go for at least £5000. Saved us the hassle though

WBAC offered me £995 for my 20 year old Honda. I took it to their premises and they did not take anything off their offer. The bodywork is bad. Really bad. I paid £400 for this Honda in August this year. Saved it from the scrapper where my neighbour was taking it. Not spent a penny on it other than fuel and an MOT.

I kept it though. It's just so damned reliable (and comfortable)

Last edited:
Used car prices are just ridiculous now. I bought my current car 2018 Vauxhall Viva almost 3 years ago, have done nearly 24 000 miles and WBAC are offering me just under £500 what i paid for the car, 3 years ago

Great if I was in the market, but of course I need another car and car prices are just crazy at moment.

So its swings and roundabouts really

Yes, like house prices.

I have a VW Golf on a 20 plate which is now worth quite a bit more than I paid for it.

This is the first time in 60 years of motoring that I've had one of my cars appreciate in value! :clap:

New car prices are quite amazing now, with inflation now going up officially I cannot see them coming down anytime soon.

We aren't going to be swapping cars anytime soon because its just not affordable. My wifes soon to be 7 years old has a crazy WABC valuation of £17k, which would make it less than £2k annual deprecation. Amazing, however the car she want to replace it with costs £55k.

My soon to be 5 years old car to replace now is some 60% more than what we paid for our back in 2017. Its utterly mad at the moment, I have no idea who can actually afford to buy new cars.

There is a 13 plate VW Groove Up! on ebay.

It's, for all intents etc, the same car as one I bought, used, in 2015 (13 plate, Groove up, 5 door).

I paid £6200 for it. 30k on the clock. Ran it for 2 years, struggled to sell, but, eventually, it went for £4500. Not too bad, really.

So, 6 years after I bought one, 4 years after I sold one, there is one going for £6300.

The car, new, 8 years ago, £12k. It's insane.

Surely the price of used cars has to come down, its getting silly now.
I paid just under £7000 for a Vauxhall Viva with around 5000 miles just over 3 years ago. I have done just over 25 000 miles and Arnold Clark now offering me £6400.
Looks like a great deal but of course swings and roundabouts, any car I am looking to buy has also shot way up and most new cars have at least 3-4 months lead in time.

Some of the nearly new used cars are costing more than a new unregistered car. WTF

Will the costs of used cars, and new cars for that matter drop or are they here to stay

Last edited:
Yep, looking at buying a first car for my eldest and she has saved up quite a bit of money but cars have literally doubled in price at the bottom end of the market and most places are taking the proverbial. :(

When new cars are more readily available, the supply of end of lease, 3yr old cars will pick up and the used market will get less silly.
But we're still in the middle of a global manufacturing chip shortage, there is a manufacturing and supply hit from COVID and the B word means importing from the EU into the UK will be harder for a long while to come.
I think we're looking at years not months but I'm only gazing into my own crystal ball.

It's going to be at least 1-2 years before it settles down I would say. If it's anything like the Truck market, new vehicles have gone from 12 weeks production to 12-14 months.

All the car manufacturers are basically on half production because of the shortage of semi conductors I work for a first tier supplier and we've had loads of no production days and time off no one knows when we'll get back to full production levels

Wonder if we're going to see a big correction in big mpg cars?

Evening all,

Anyone sold to motorway recently? If so did you get reserve price or did it go above? I can’t remember if you have to accept or not?

Evening all,

Anyone sold to motorway recently? If so did you get reserve price or did it go above? I can’t remember if you have to accept or not?
Not sold but you don't have to accept any offer or even the highest.
Prices still seem strong, mine dropped a bit but has gone back up again.

Not sold but you don't have to accept any offer or even the highest.
Prices still seem strong, mine dropped a bit but has gone back up again.

I might try and list it then. I'm struggling to get any interest in mine at the minute and I think it's priced quite competitively compared to others. Just had a few chancers offering peanuts and wasting my time.

It's not even worth the hassle trying to sell a car privately, so many time wasters.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom