WBAC used car prices

Reaction score
Evening all,

I've just been looking at the prices of used cars and some seem to be at a very high premium compared to normal.

I've currently got a BMW M235i (2016) model which I paid £18999 for back in Jan 2020. I've just checked WBAC and they are currently offering £19635 which for me thinking about swapping it in.

I've got around £16400 left on it which would leave me with £3200 if I was to settle my loan and start again on another car within the same price range and same performance level.

The question is, what options are there apart from a Golf R or Audi S3.

Would i be going backwards? Will I get the same enjoyment from other cars which the BMW may offer. I mean it puts a smile on my face daily and I wouldnt want to lose that but at the same time discussion recently with the wife have been about kids. So maybe that's what has made me consider swapping it in.

I'm not sure.

Anyone about to offer a different view point.

Thanks

The problem is Golf R's and S3's have all gone up in price also. Unless your buying new or downgrading you not actually saving any money to swap like for like price wise.
My 420i GC was valued at £18k last November by WBAC, I sold it to them in May for £22,300

The problem is Golf R's and S3's have all gone up in price also. Unless your buying new or downgrading you not actually saving any money to swap like for like price wise.
My 420i GC was valued at £18k last November by WBAC, I sold it to them in May for £22,300
That's the issues, looking at the prices I'd be looking at the same year with similar mileage to what I have or a year old with lower mileage. What did you replace yours with?

New factory order M135i, I ordered in April and managed to get a build slot about to go into production before all the supply issues really hit. Your looking at well into next year now for a factory order.

Second hand prices are climbing at the moment due to general stock shortages. My car is climbing and I’ll be getting rid a little earlier than I had planned just to cash in.

£7k equity has been shown to me for a M140i 2019 with 19k on the clock with a £500.00 deposit

Well if you fancy something a bit different, how about an Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.9 bi-turbo. 510 BHP.
A mate had one for a short time and I went out in it with him, Loved it.

As has been pointed out, all cars have gone up. I should my bmw 320d earlier this year and got 20 percent more than expected. Only issue is I am still running around in my weekend car as there is nothing to buy at a sensible price. I have seen some 1 year old car at about new rrp.

Motorway estimate is more then I paid for my M135i 4 months ago.

It seems you all have reasonable opinions and a good insight into it as you too have been or are in a similar position.

I think I'll stay put for the time being as I love the car and nothing is taking my fancy at the minute which is in a price range which id be happy to spend. I guess it was the positive equity which made me think along those lines. If I was in a different position and needed some cash desperately then it would probably be a different outlook.

Sold my 2019 A-Class back to Mercedes for £6,000 more than I owed on it, earlier this week. We buy any car offered £8,500 more than I owed but I couldn't be bothered to go through all of the hassle of being knocked down. The second hand car market is crazy at the moment.

Sold my 2019 A-Class back to Mercedes for £6,000 more than I owed on it, earlier this week. We buy any car offered £8,500 more than I owed but I couldn't be bothered to go through all of the hassle of being knocked down. The second hand car market is crazy at the moment.
Hassle? Was there any damage? For £2500 I would of made the trip, you don't have to accept their offer and it literally takes 10 minutes.

Guila are 40k now

Get to we vuy quick with the first quote as the next will be shocking

i checked my st

first offer 5500
after 4 days dropped to 4600
after 4 days up to 4895
after 4 days up to 5295

so have to be on the ball, but everything has gone up

Nice one :thumbsup:

Question for anyone who has sold to Motorway.

Upon the dealer collecting the car, how long did you have to wait for payment to be made?

Did you need to contact the dealer once the car was picked up or did you ring the dealer whilst the car was being collected?

First time using their service.

Question for anyone who has sold to Motorway.

Upon the dealer collecting the car, how long did you have to wait for payment to be made?

Did you need to contact the dealer once the car was picked up or did you ring the dealer whilst the car was being collected?

First time using their service.

The dealer that came to pick up my father-in-law's car drove 2 hours to pick it up (a Hyundai). Checked the car there was some slight damage from removing the roof rack so think they agree on £100 reduction. They then transferred the money to my FIL bank account there and then. For some reason it took longer than normal to come through, so they ended up having to wait until it appeared in the account. Only after that point would they take the car.

I assume that would be the case but different dealers might be different.

Evening all,

I've just been looking at the prices of used cars and some seem to be at a very high premium compared to normal.

I've currently got a BMW M235i (2016) model which I paid £18999 for back in Jan 2020. I've just checked WBAC and they are currently offering £19635 which for me thinking about swapping it in.

I've got around £16400 left on it which would leave me with £3200 if I was to settle my loan and start again on another car within the same price range and same performance level.

The question is, what options are there apart from a Golf R or Audi S3.

Would i be going backwards? Will I get the same enjoyment from other cars which the BMW may offer. I mean it puts a smile on my face daily and I wouldnt want to lose that but at the same time discussion recently with the wife have been about kids. So maybe that's what has made me consider swapping it in.

I'm not sure.

Anyone about to offer a different view point.

Thanks
All car prices are up because of a shortage. Unless you're walking no profit to be made as any new car purchased would also be more expensive.

Good luck finding a Golf R or Audi S3 very few for sale at anything sensible money.

The dealer that came to pick up my father-in-law's car drove 2 hours to pick it up (a Hyundai). Checked the car there was some slight damage from removing the roof rack so think they agree on £100 reduction. They then transferred the money to my FIL bank account there and then. For some reason it took longer than normal to come through, so they ended up having to wait until it appeared in the account. Only after that point would they take the car.

I assume that would be the case but different dealers might be different.
Nice one.

I've got them coming today to pick up my wife's Audi TT. I don't know why but I am always skeptical that they will try and knock you down on price but we shall see.

I've described and pictured everything as is with the car apart from the usual stone chips but I did make a point about this in the seller report stating there were the usual stone chips around the front area of the car as expected for a car of that age.

Now I know how your process went I shall wait until they confirm payment before letting them depart.

I've got them coming today to pick up my wife's Audi TT. I don't know why but I am always skeptical that they will try and knock you down on price but we shall see.

So long as you have been open and honest with lots of pictures then not sure they can argue. (Bit of a wasted trip depending on where they are coming from too)

My FIL hadn't removed the roof rack before taking the photos so didn't realise there was a minor bit of damage to the door plastic trim around it.

So long as you have been open and honest with lots of pictures then not sure they can argue. (Bit of a wasted trip depending on where they are coming from too)

My FIL hadn't removed the roof rack before taking the photos so didn't realise there was a minor bit of damage to the door plastic trim around it.
They will try and sc*w him for every penny. The way I handled it when I sold my car was going though the catalog of items and get costing for everything up front. They wanted to know £1000 off for a scratch, a marked seat and two wheels that needed a refurb. They wanted £200 per wheel and I said £50 as they only need painting really, In the end we agreed £400 off, which tbh was not bad.

They will try and sc*w him for every penny. The way I handled it when I sold my car was going though the catalog of items and get costing for everything up front. They wanted to know £1000 off for a scratch, a marked seat and two wheels that needed a refurb. They wanted £200 per wheel and I said £50 as they only need painting really, In the end we agreed £400 off, which tbh was not bad.

Was the WBAC or a dealer through Motorway ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom