• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

WB HD DVD's €6.97 @ Amazon Germany

BIGRED

Its there its just not called ant bully , try searching for
Lucas der Ameisenschreck

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Is this ever gonna end? :rotfl:

Just ordered:

The Fugitive
Goodfellas
Syriana
Lady in the Water
V for Vendetta
The Reaping

:devil:

Prufrock

V for Vendetta just jumped in price after I added it to my basket. I just seem to have absolutely no luck getting V. I've had someone on here rip me off over a trade for it (never sent me the disc out), then every time it appears cheap, it sells out or goes up by the time I get there. :(

Can't complain, though:

Just spent €20,91 for Superman Returns, Ant Bully and KKBB.

I do love the fact that I can get things shipped to my OH's parents' house in Germany. ;)

TechyObsessed

A few have jumped in price since my post.

Naughty Amazon. :thumbsdow

What is the point in lowering the prices and putting them back up again as soon as some orders come in??? :nono:

Ordered Training Day, Fugitive, Ant Bully, 16 Blocks, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Syriana and Unforgiven.

James P

Constantine
Training Day
Goodfellas
16 Blocks
V For Vendetta
Space Cowboys
Fugitive
Ant Bully
Syriana
Superman 1
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Superman Returns
Unforgiven

Cheers - managed to bag all those, and for some reason when I went through checkout they all dropped to €6.89 :confused::smashin:

Prufrock

Cheers - managed to bag all those, and for some reason when I went through checkout they all dropped to €6.89 :confused::smashin:

They dropped as you went through the checkout just now??!:confused:

I've just tried V again, but it's definitely going through checkout at the higher price.

James P

They dropped as you went through the checkout just now??!:confused:

I've just tried V again, but it's definitely going through checkout at the higher price.

I put stuff in my basket about an hour ago, but only went through the checkout just before I posted. And yes, they all dropped slightly in price when I checked out. :D

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
I put stuff in my basket about an hour ago, but only went through the checkout just before I posted. And yes, they all dropped slightly in price when I checked out. :D

Whenever I gert stuff from amazon.de its always about 10-20 cents cheaper in the basket, I assume it some sales tax we avoid. Nothing to do with the prices of some discs going up (like V - which is down to about 14 copies).

Prufrock

That's odd...I put V in my basket, along with all the other stuff, but when I went to checkout, the price of V jumped up on just under €15. That was 50 minutes ago.

Prufrock

Whenever I gert stuff from amazon.de its always about 10-20 cents cheaper in the basket, I assume it some sales tax we avoid. Nothing to do with the prices of some discs going up (like V - which is down to about 14 copies).

I added V to my basket before any of the others I went on to order. In my basket, it was €6,97, but at checkout, it jumped to just under €15. This was 55 minutes ago. James had it in his basket an hour ago, but only went through checkout 10 minutes ago. However, the price didn't jump up to €15 when he went through checkout.

TechyObsessed

The titles always drop slightly in price in basket/checkout as it's without any tax.

If you have an item in your basket and there is a price change up or down, it will immediately inform you and the price will change.

Isn't it funny that only the top sellers have gone up in price while most of the others are still at €6.97? :rolleyes:

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
I added V to my basket before any of the others I went on to order. In my basket, it was €6,97, but at checkout, it jumped to just under €15. This was 55 minutes ago. James had it in his basket an hour ago, but only went through checkout 10 minutes ago. However, the price didn't jump up to €15 when he went through checkout.

I disagree, I think the post is just confusing. I had V, supeman, Constantine and training day in my basket all morning, I was monitoring the number of copies left, when V reached 62 copies it jumped toi 14.97 in my basket, and everyone elses.

now
Superrman = 94 copies
V = 17
Constantine = 401
Training day = 999

So I think that's its the number left that effects the price, not number sold.

Prufrock

I disagree, I think the post is just confusing. I had V, supeman, Constantine and training day in my basket all morning, I was monitoring the number of copies left, when V reached 62 copies it jumped toi 14.97 in my basket, and everyone elses.

now
Superrman = 94 copies
V = 17
Constantine = 401
Training day = 999

So I think that's its the number left that effects the price, not number sold.

James said the following at 10:22

He went on to clarify that he'd added the items to his basket an hour earlier, but didn't go through checkout until just before he posted the above.

He went through checkout 20 minutes after me, yet still got V for €6.97 (with tax).

TechyObsessed

James said the following at 10:22

He went on to clarify that he'd added the items to his basket an hour earlier, but didn't go through checkout until just before he posted the above.

He went through checkout 20 minutes after me, yet still got V for €6.97 (with tax).

He must have made a mistake about the timing. There is no way he could have got it for that price if it had gone up. Amazons system wouldn't have allowed it.

If you're that desperate for a copy of V, mine is still sealed that I got free. I can get another free by using points accumulated from another site. :devil:

PM me for a trade. Be warned, have a humungous collection, but still after a few.

Dony

Distinguished Member
German sleeves, guaranteed slim cases.

Thanks for the reply...

I'll hold off a few more weeks (my credit card is enjoying the rest :D). Hopefully Amazon UK or Hmv will have these soon at reduced prices. Case size isn't important to me.

James P

He must have made a mistake about the timing. There is no way he could have got it for that price if it had gone up. Amazons system wouldn't have allowed it.

I may be a lot of things, but I'm not senile. Trust me - the item went into my basket at around 9.20am, but I didn't check out until gone 10am. And I have definitely got V for Vendetta for the reduced price, according to my account. The timings aren't wrong because a work matter intervened between me putting the stuff in my basket and checking out, so I have a pretty good handle on the timings because they were either side of a meeting!

TechyObsessed

I may be a lot of things, but I'm not senile. Trust me - the item went into my basket at around 9.20am, but I didn't check out until gone 10am. And I have definitely got V for Vendetta for the reduced price, according to my account. The timings aren't wrong because a work matter intervened between me putting the stuff in my basket and checking out, so I have a pretty good handle on the timings because they were either side of a meeting!

Wasn't suggesting you're senile. :rotfl:

Sounds like you were lucky though.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
I think I will sit this one out and wait for the US or UK versions to go on sale :D

Not exactly spectacular Warner titles are they :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom