Ways to make private videos visible on a Samsung SmartTV

MarTex

Novice Member
Hi there,

I’ve recently become a dad and I’m trying to figure out a way for my parents to see our kid’s videos on their Samsung SmartTV, as watching on smartphomes is just to flimsy. It should be adequately private, and if possible rather convenient for them because… well, they are grandpas :rolleyes:

[Youtube-based attempt which apparently doesn’t work: Skip if not interested] I subscribed my mother’s YouTube account to my account and enabled notifications (bell, for all). I set my videos to private and entered her e-mail, also activating the e-mail notification option. She can indeed watch the video by clicking on the e-mail she receives. But that’s the only way that worked to watch the video. I can’t find those videos elsewhere through her YouTube account (being logged in at both PC and TV YouTube App): not on the main page, not under subscriptions, not under notifications, not by entering my channel. All we find is emptiness. Note: I don't want to use the unlisted link-based method because it's not sufficiently private.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could think of an alternative clever solution :-3

Thanks and best regards!

Flynch191

Another vote for Plex…. although to use remote streaming you might have to pay, but very easy to use and has a simple user interface. Or you could share a folder in the OneDrive they could have access to. Google drive also lets you share folders… many ways to do this for free.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom