1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wavey Sky + Menus on Sony KV36FS76

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AndyChap, Jan 27, 2003.

1. AndyChap

AndyChap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sky+ box connected to AV1 (RGB) on the Sony KV36FS76, the Sky menus all have wavey edges and some of the characters slant either to the left or the right. Any ideas how to improve this or is it a faulty TV. I have tried the Sky+ on a different TV and it is fine.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Seems like your geometry needs adjustment. If you are brave enough, you can attempt at correcting this yourself via the service menu (searching for "sony service menu" should enable you to find out how to do this). If you do decide to try, ensure you write down all your original values (even ones you aren't changing) before altering anything; this way you'll have a way out should something go amiss. The alternative :( is to call out an "engineer".

Good luck!

:)

3. AndyChap

AndyChap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried various geometry settings in the service menus but can find nothing that has altered this.

4. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for going a little off topic, but can you post your thoughts on your fs76 please? Picture quality, Sound quality etc.
    (I have to wait for mine you see and reading others' opinions on their tv is the only thing keeping me (semi)sane.

Thanks.

5. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I have the same problem and its nothing to do with geometry. I thought there was a reported fault with these sets in this respect. I had this problem with the FQ80 also. If a bright rectangle appears on screen the left and right hand sides are rippled the whole way down. It seems to be the text within the box that causes this.

A good example is the THX tests. The sides of the screen are rippled because fo the text.

6. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This vertical stabilisation thingy on this set was meant to cure this the sony guys who called told me.
    But they saw the wavy line down the side of a text box and said, well it aint much better and that will happen its due to.......then some tech talk about the scanning and stuff.
    But I've been told thats its some thing to do with a PSupply not man enought to stabilise straight edges when having text close to them.
    mine isn't to bad and I've given up moaning about TVs now.
    My blue staining to the left edge, when viewing a dark screen ( e.g.end credts stark trek), bloody irritates me though!!!!!!!!!!!

7. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    well my screen has 2 horizontal shadows that appear on fast vertical scrolling bright backgrounds. I too am well fed up. I would get a PX2 but im worried the image wouldnt be as good and the wife might claim my genitalia with a corkscrew.