1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wave effect on Sony KP44PS2

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by captaindobie, Mar 9, 2003.

1. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi. Recently purchased this TV and i am delighted with it.
    However, i have noticed over the last couple of days a small problem that you may be able to help me with.
    The problem is only apparent when the end titles are scrolling up the screen (both normal TV broadcasts and DVD) or when the camera pans from bottom to top.(again, both normal TV broadcasts and DVD) The best way i can describe the effect is like a 'wave'. Is there something i can tweak in the service menu to correct this.

2. Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like your convergance needs adjusting big time!! I've got the same problem with my tosh 50 wt29b, but only because i'd been reading too much info on this site about fiddling with your telly to get a better picture. The geometry looked a bit wayward so I downloaded a screen template from some Yank site only to F!"k the geometry up. This resulted in a band about 3inches high, half way up the screen, that made a wave effect like you described. Luckily still in warranty, so nice tv man is going to get a proper template to fix it.
    The problem is i'd love to have a go at real surfing!!!

I'm a Dapper Dan man.