wave bird anyone got one ???

SILVERBACK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
thought about getting a wave bird controller for my cube but after hearing some reviews of wireless controllers i aint to sure.does anyone own one an could you give me a review of it please :D

Hi Silverback

I got a Wavebird and I think it's great :)

It is just as responsive and sits in the hand exactly as the original controller does. I certainly couldn't tell the difference even with batteries in. At least not enough to comment on....

I have not found it's maximum distance to operate yet, as I've been all over the flat and it is still working in the sitting room!

Having no wires is great, no contest.

It's the only controller I use now, and I'd say go get one! Of course, this is only my opinion, and others may beg to differ, but to me it's one of Nintendos finest inventions to date.

Mrs Taz :kisses:

Originally posted by micksowner
and others may beg to differ, but to me it's one of Nintendos finest inventions to date.

But not me as I couldn't agree more - absolutely *superb*, worth every penny or cent if you can't wait until the end of the month.

Curious thing - I keep hearing the European WaveBird *will* have a rumble feature but can't find no offical confirmation and can't see how the WaveBird will recieve signals...but rumble or not, it's fantastic!!!

don't hesitate these are super controllers....but then again, you could wait and get a nice new platinum version that becomes available in Japan early next month. I am!

They're brilliant - just buy one :)

EffTee

damn so i can have a usa/jap one now with no rumble is that right ?? or i can wait an get a uk one with rumble.is there an official release date for the uk one an is it concrete release date.thanks for all the positive reviews i was hoping they would be a thumbs up lol ;)

Just confirming what everyone else has said really... was playing Mario Party four player with everyone using Wavebirds last night and it was amazing! Plus my gamecube is in the cellar below where we play and it still works without a single bit of lack of responsiveness....

I thought the UK Wavebirds where due out Nov 15th... which ain't long

Sharon

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
damn so i can have a usa/jap one now with no rumble is that right ?? or i can wait an get a uk one with rumble.is there an official release date for the uk one an is it concrete release date

http://special.reserve.co.uk/listings/extrainfo.php?co=GG4368

Say it includes rumble and *apparently* they confirmed it does (I don't know that they did).

I just checked the Nintendo Europe site 'cos it's been bugging me and it says it does *not*, which is what I figured.

The date I've always heard is the Nov 22nd

I do know that there are some 3rd party wireless controllers on the market (made by Logic 3?? does that sound right?) which do have the rumble feature. It does kill the batteries apparently (which goes some of the way to explaining why these controllers use 4 batteries, as opposed to the Wavebird's 2). I've got 2 Wavebirds - it's useful to have at least one standard one, I find, for games that use the rumble for things other than gunshots, explosions etc. like Eternal Darkness - and they're perfect. Picked them up from dvdboxoffice.com for £45 for the pair.

I have one and use it almost exclusively - no problems with responsiveness or anything. Only thing could be for games like zelda64 which used rumble to indicate a nearby secret, so keep a standard controller about in case.

Basically, it just works.

wouldn't have thought UK one would have rumble as it would kill the battery life which would sort of defeat the object..

thanks for all the help i think im gonna hold on till the uk version is out just incase it does have rumble.

Buy Buy BUY ^_^ Its one of the best controllers I've used. The only downfall is the rumble and I very much doubt that the European version will had it added on. Mad Catz do have a rumble version but it is a 3rd Party item...

It really is flawless and kudos go to Nintendo on this one.

After initially being skeptical about it, I now couldn't do without my Wavebird. So much easier than using a standard pad! Yeah, there's no rumble feature, but in most games it's a waste of time anyway so it's not big loss. Battery life is excellent though, I'm only on my second pair of batteries after about three months of regular use.

BTW.. I think its confirmed that the Wavebird will make it in Europe on Friday... Hopefully its not overpriced ^_^

Has anyone bought one today? If so, does it definitely have NO rumble feature?

Thanks,

Mark.

Its exactly like the original Meg unless there has been drastic changes. The Wavebird does not support the rumble feature, however for certain games (Monkey Ball) the rumble isn't totally required.

Hello,
Thanks for your email, in answer too your query yes the Wave Bird does have
a rumble feature.
Thanks,

just received this email from gameplay.com so unlees there wrong is does look like th uk version has a rumble feature :D good old UK keeping it real ;)

gameplay could be wrong i dont know but i cant believe that a retailer could get a simple question like that wrong ??? unless there currys lol.any way im off to check them out tomorrow so i will let you know then as it is i would go with nintendo`s word over gameplay personaly.:confused:

Thing is its still not only Gameplay, Special Reserve are continuing to say it includes rumble - 2 pretty big online retailers.

Someones' obviously wrong here, be it Nintendo or the retailers...how could they make such a tupid mistake?

My money is on Nintendo... If the "new" Wavebird did indeed have rumble support though I can't exactly moan about its inclusion but I'm sure it would require a decent internal restructure. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

just bought 4!!

Awesome, all other controllers seem instantly dated after using these. Multiplayer mayhem now follows

an do they have the rumble feature on them ????

2 of them do

only kidding. NO THE WAVEBIRDS DO NOT RUMBLE

but it doesn't matter as the extra freedom is priceless. You've gotta try them

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom