WAV file won't work on hi-fi

klausimas

Hi,

might someone help me?

This is the situation.

I have a (Blaupunkt) hi-fi. It plays mp3's and wav's from USB. It works with all files I've tried but one. This particular wav file just won't play on my hi-fi. And I've tried the same thing with another (Blaupunkt, as well) player: this particular file just won't play.

But the file itself is good, not corrupt, it plays perfectly on PC with any player.

So the fault is not my USB (all other files play and I've tried multiple USBs), not the hi-fi (it plays both mp3's and wav's with not problem), not this particular wav file (it plays OK on PC) but --- somehow this particular wav and a/the hi-fi are not compatible.

Have you dealt with that and have you any idea what the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance. :)

(I do not have the same song on another wav file so I would like to play this one).

camcroft

mseve1

It could well be that the WAV file you are having problems with is a non-standard format or one which has a sample rate/bit depth which your Blaupunkt devices cannot handle. Use one of the online converters given above to convert the WAV file to another WAV with a resolution of 16 bits and 44.1 kHz sample rate for the best chance of generating a compatible file.

klausimas

It could well be that the WAV file you are having problems with is a non-standard format or one which has a sample rate/bit depth which your Blaupunkt devices cannot handle. Use one of the online converters given above to convert the WAV file to another WAV with a resolution of 16 bits and 44.1 kHz sample rate for the best chance of generating a compatible file.
Will it affect (reduce) the quality (eventhough infinitesimaly)?

mseve1

If the source WAV file is indeed Hi-Res i.e. greater than 16 bit/44.1kHz then you will lose a little quality but in reality there will be no audible impact when the converted file is played through the Blaupunkt.

klausimas

OK. So this is what I did now.

I just converted this wav file using an online converter to another wav file. Just like that - no changes in frequency or anything whatsoever, just plain conversion from wav to wav. Or "cutting" the wav file without actually cutting anything, just leaving the whole duration from start to finish, but getting another "cut" file.

And now it works on my hi-fi when "converted" or "cut" this way. Interesting, isn't it?

But now there's another issue. At the beginning the file/song (only on hi-fi, not on PC) makes this "click"/"pop"/"truksht" sound. In the original version, the guy takes a breath there before starting to sing. He also takes breaths in other places in the song, and these are conveyed normally. So, just the very beginning is corrupted this way.

Any ideas how to make that sound go?

mseve1

I'm pleased to hear you've had some success with the file conversion but I cannot explain the click at the beginning of the song - especially since it is absent when you play the file on your PC. All I can suggest is that you try to use an audio editor such as the free Audacity to inspect the waveform to check for any obvious faults which could be edited out. However, I suspect the click is due to way this particular WAV file is being handled by your hi-fi

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom