Watts and Ohms - receiver to speaker compatibility

MegaKen

Novice Member
Hi,

Ohms: the manual to my speakers states "The MB42X’s impedance varies between 4 to 8 Ohms. Care must be taken to ensure that the amplifier is capable of handling a 4-Ohm load." However, my receiver says 6-8 ohms. Is that going to be an issue?

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.01.12 PM.png

Watts: my speakers are 75W each. My receiver is "90 Watts (into 8 ohms) x 7 ch Amps"

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.05.44 PM.png

Is this going to work well together?

Thank you

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

What is the make and model of your AVR?

Most AV amps can easily handle loads of between 4 and 16 ohms even though these figures may not actually be stated. That is not going to be a problem. Your AV amps specifications that you have shown is 90 watts into 8 ohms but that looks like it is with one channel driven. When all speakers are connected you are going to get nowhere near that figure and will struggle to maintain 50 watts.

Although the speakers themselves are small in size they are quite hard for the AV amp to drive with a sensitivity of 85dB. They are going to have to be pushed hard especially if the room is on the large size.

You need to give a diagram if possible of your room or at least give the dimensions. Also do you have a sub as this will at least relieve the burden on the AV amp if the sub is not passive.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom