Watervue Bathroom Waterproof TV Problem

jonniewotsit

Novice Member
Hi,
I've got a Watervue Bathroom waterproof TV model: WV19TCB
Now stuck in standby as remote has stopped working, not batteries.
It's needs a new remote control, but can't find one online?
Purchased a one for all remote control but don't know the code, can anyone help please?
Is Watervue based on another brand like toshiba, panasonic, vestel, JVC ??
if i know then i can try codes for that brand, many thanks.

mikej

That's a very niche product so you might struggle to find someone with the same issue here - I would contact the manufacturer.

A quick Google search gives a couple of options (black and white) for replacement, original waterproof remotes - is it neither of these ? You'll need a waterproof remote in a bathroom - I wouldn't have thought a normal remote would last long, with the water and humidity.

That site appears to be the official outlet for those TVs, according to the Watervue site.

jonniewotsit

Novice Member
yes thanks that could do the job!
but was hoping to get my one for all working if i could find a code and find out what brand the Watervue truly is ??

mikej

yes thanks that could do the job!
but was hoping to get my one for all working if i could find a code and find out what brand the Watervue truly is ??
This old Amazon link suggests that the screen is made by LG. This doesn't necessarily mean an LG remote code would work, but it's worth a try.

Amazon product

If that doesn't work, then I think your best option would be to contact Watervue directly, due to how unusual this product is. A quick search of AV Forums for 'Watervue', for example, only gives a handful of results - the majority of which are from this thread :D

It might also be worth bearing in mind that, while a faulty remote is probably the most likely cause, it isn't the only one - it could (for example) be the IR receiver in the TV itself that's faulty.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
All universal remotes have a code search facility, it will be detailed in the user manual of how to do it.
Basically with the TV switched on and the remote pointing at it it sends a series of standby IR code commands about 1 per second, when the TV switches to standby it's found the correct or similar code. You then try other commands like switching it back on and volume/channel change etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom