Watershed pin number

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mad Mikeyboy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    It appears the new boxes for sky + have a new feature added whereby if you record something after the watershed then try to view it before the watershed it will ask for your pin number. I believe this cannot be disabled either.

Unless anyone knows otherwise????????

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Try a search on the forum, there a good few threads on this already...

John

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    AFAIK this is correct, if it has a rating (ie 15 or 18) then before the watershed you need to enter your pin, usually this will be the last 4 digits from your first viewing card, if not then you need to call sky to get it. probably best to try this and if its not working then get the pin from Sky soon, rather than wait till a time you really want to watch something and get frustrated waiting on the phone in a sky queue ;-)

it doesnt apply to programs recorded after the watershed without a rating. altho possibly some adult themed programs without ratings may need it, not sure on that...

however i think some people have problems where it is asking for pins at random times.....

4. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yeah as johndon said I've read other threads on this and see it appears to be quite a problem. The pin numbers no problem. I changed it to something easy, but it was before watching secret window which is a 12 rating it asked for the pin. :confused: :confused:

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    a 12 film cannot be watched by someone younger than 12....so yes it will ask for the pin, i would imagine the only stuff it wouldnt ask for is U....it may or may not ask for a PG, given that stands for Parental Guidence advised i would expect it to ask, but who knows.....