Waterloo (1970) Limited Edition (Blu-ray)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Standard: Amazon.co.uk - HMV

Release date: 14/06/2021 (Standard: 25/10/2021)

First time on Blu-Ray in the UK. Limited to 5,000 copies.
Waterloo_LE.jpg

Waterloo_LE (contents).jpg

Limited Edition includes:

Hardbound slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork

Perfect-bound booklet of original 1970 Waterloo Souvenir Brochure

Reversible poster featuring the film original poster and Blu-ray original artwork

6 collectors' art cards
Special Features:

New 30-minute documentary on the making of Waterloo with previously unseen photos and behind-the-scenes footage

Brand new audio commentary by Simon Lewis- author of the forthcoming book Waterloo- The Making of an Epic and actor Richard Heffer

Waterloo Re-enactment footage France 2015

Theatrical Trailer

English subtitles

Standard Edition:
Waterloo_standard.jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
UPC: 5030697045218

Nice release.

I have the old Germany Blu-ray but will take a look at this for sure.

Great price point from Mediumrare compared to the shafting Australia Imprint price.

Pre-ordered this a while ago its a great movie and they certain don't make them like this anymore.

Will this be cut for horse falls ? If so, I’ll stick with my German blu (which is excellent quality.)

Got a email its on its way from Amazon but looked funny enough checked in my Your Orders in its not showing with all my past orders.
Only shows when clicking on the first post link to Amazon.:confused:

Not got my copy yet supposed to have been Sunday but I have the "On the way, but it's running late" message from Amazon's system.

Real pictures:

waterloo.jpg

Not got my copy yet supposed to have been Sunday but I have the "On the way, but it's running late" message from Amazon's system.

Real pictures:

View attachment 1528062

Mine came yesterday. it was coming it on Sunday but late on said there been delays and would be coming on the 14th or 15th, and think only reached the local hub yesterday morning round 3am then came last night. Came in a over size envelope so had to open the door rather than it coming though the letter box.

If you ordered from Amazon is the order showing when you click on past order list?

Order looks normal in my account except there's an empty image next to the text:

no-img-sm._CB485936501_.gif

I try to avoid Amazon for new releases but I had a £5.00 (for playing an MP3 or something in my non-business account) off so worked out at £13.99.

1231.PNG

I don't think there's any real deal I have it going to my local BP locker so I've had delays like this before (which is why I use the locker as I would hang around waiting for the courier or he'd try and shove it through my letterbox at 9pm and do some damage).

First world problems :p

My tat arrived yesterday & very nice it is too, I shall be watching later in week.

Got my set (3 days late) and very nice it is too.

First look it seems a very good transfer (I have the Germany release and that was quite good).

Will have to make time to watch it

Got my set (3 days late) and very nice it is too.

First look it seems a very good transfer (I have the Germany release and that was quite good).

Will have to make time to watch it

Hi would you be able to compare the German and UK releases please to check whether the UK version is cut?

I suspect it will be so might buy both the UK and German releases for extras and uncutness respectively. Thanking you.

Hi would you be able to compare the German and UK releases please to check whether the UK version is cut?

I suspect it will be so might buy both the UK and German releases for extras and uncutness respectively. Thanking you.
I have the American version but did not like it they changed it so they were the winners. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I've no plans to watch this soon but if you give an exact running time of a horse fall I'll have a look on both discs. According to here 22secs are cut.

The Germany disc is uncut and I can't imagine the UK disc slipping through the English privately owned brown shirted censor.

The prodcuer Dino De Laurentiis should have eaten the horses afterwards (or sold them to Tesco for their Spaghetti Bolognese) as that excuse worked from Coppola in Apocalypse Now when they slaughtered the water buffalo (they also called it a caribou which is much more arty and they could blame the local savages too). Didn't Coppola put a horse's head in someone's bed in The Godfather too? Bastard.

Not that I agree with animal cruelty of any type obviously.

I think these are both from the same transfer so I'll be keeping my Germany disc in case I need to see the horse falls for some reason.

waterloo.PNG

I see they spelled Steiger wrong on the artwork ROD STIEGER. They maybe thought they'd give it a go fixing the error on the Germany artwork:

waterloo2.PNG

A lot of people think this is a great performace from Steiger I think it's just good because he has so many great peformances to choose from.

Thanks everyone - ordered both. :)

No standard release ?

Maybe once This limited edition release sells out

The Germany release is in Amazon's 6 for €30 offer until 4th July.

Just 47 pages to look through to find 5 other items :p

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom