flozz1233

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just brought a new case
and was hoping my AIO cooler would fit. it didnt :(
So I am looking at a custom water cooling loop to my machine however I have no knowledge water cooling. looking at linus tech tips and few others on youtube but was wondering if anyone on AVF has some advice on the matter

Hey guys
Just brought a new case
and was hoping my AIO cooler would fit. it didnt :(
So I am looking at a custom water cooling loop to my machine however I have no knowledge water cooling. looking at linus tech tips and few others on youtube but was wondering if anyone on AVF has some advice on the matter
Do you have the name of the PC or the case?

bought not brought!

I guess the first question is why do you want liquid cooling?

If your current AOI (im guessing sealed unit) is the correct fitting for the CPU/board it should fit..

For liquid cooling...
There are a myriad of liquid cooling solutions out there, it really depends what you want. What do you want to spend, how much work you want to do yourself, do you want it all done for you in a sealed unit or do you want to buy specific blocks, radiator, reservoir, pipes etc and build your own?

All the options have different pros and cons...

bought not brought!

I guess the first question is why do you want liquid cooling?

If your current AOI (im guessing sealed unit) is the correct fitting for the CPU/board it should fit..

For liquid cooling...
There are a myriad of liquid cooling solutions out there, it really depends what you want. What do you want to spend, how much work you want to do yourself, do you want it all done for you in a sealed unit or do you want to buy specific blocks, radiator, reservoir, pipes etc and build your own?

All the options have different pros and cons...
sorry english was never a strong suit :(

Reason for liquid is because I would like to experiment with it and I feel my case would be suited. with 2 reservoir holders and its something which I have not had a chance to do previously
Also my AIO coolers pipes are a bit too short so its been a struggle to get the proper cooling.

Spending I was looking at some pumps and tanks so I was thinking maybe about 1000 over the next year. Purchase the parts bit by bit. I will do it myself and was looking into a custom loop as that would be something.
I understand it does take a lot of maintenance but I wanted to see what sort of stories people have had with custom loops

I will look to overclock in the future however with an 1800x and 1080ti I will not be looking to do so imminently

its pretty straight forward tbf. I suggest using soft tubing for your first try.

i personally use ekwb parts. if you go to their site, they explain different fitments etc. be prepared to spend a bit though. fitments, pumps etc are not cheap

Here is a pic of my recent build. Took all of a day but on my 1st attempt, would of taken a while longer. Patience is key.

7E449C04-986A-4D9C-B541-473E8EB2422C.jpeg

its pretty straight forward tbf. I suggest using soft tubing for your first try.

i personally use ekwb parts. if you go to their site, they explain different fitments etc. be prepared to spend a bit though. fitments, pumps etc are not cheap

Here is a pic of my recent build. Took all of a day but on my 1st attempt, would of taken a while longer. Patience is key.

View attachment 1175744
brillant case and love the hard tubing top job

Ive used AquaComputer (german company but parts available in the UK) before which has masses of parts, can use flexible or rigid tubing. Most of the parts are push, pull pressure fits which were great. Also allowed me to start with a triple radiator in my case roof and just a CPU block, later adding GFX, and such..

Kinda miss that rig because like @dollag machine above it makes a right talking piece :)

View attachment 1175744
many thanks for your input.

So:
Soft tubing for first try
EKWB is a very good to gain more knowledge and parts
I love the P5, got the case for my server but left that on a AIO
And take your time and never rush :D

Ive used AquaComputer (german company but parts available in the UK) before which has masses of parts, can use flexible or rigid tubing. Most of the parts are push, pull pressure fits which were great. Also allowed me to start with a triple radiator in my case roof and just a CPU block, later adding GFX, and such..

Kinda miss that rig because like @dollag machine above it makes a right talking piece :)

Ah okay I will take a look :D
The case can have like 560mm radiators and another 420mm so I will look for that
I was going to start off with my CPU then eventually work over to my GPU as I feel both I have future proofed for the next 4 years minimum I would say

ahhh - i've ended up in similar troubles after upgrade - the radiator would fit but without the fans - together they were too thick to fit in my old case... so ended up changing the case :)

it was cheaper than going all the way with custom water-cooling... :)

cheers
ftorek

ahhh - i've ended up in similar troubles after upgrade - the radiator would fit but without the fans - together they were too thick to fit in my old case... so ended up changing the case :)

it was cheaper than going all the way with custom water-cooling... :)

cheers
ftorek
many thanks for your input

I felt that as I have just upgraded to a new case I don't want to just change again :(

but I understand

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom