Water wisping over the edge

allymac123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I took this over a week ago now but haven't had a chance to post it yet as I've been in Italy (look out for my pics).

Was a rock at the side of a weir on a river in Edinburgh about a 30mins cycle from my home.

Canon EOS 400D | 17.0mm | 3.2s | f/22.0 + ND8 | ISO 100

Only editing was the RAW conversion.

Lovely silky water shot. Nice curving composition and good execution.

I'd personally prefer a wider view (one of those hyperfocal jobbies?) as it looks like the wier in the top right corner is quite interesting as well.

Definately over the edge though :thumbsup:

Stunning image now that youve said what it is..I would have struggled without the description.I think it needs some kind of reference point.

Beautiful nonetheless:thumbsup:

I like this one....very effective. Well done m8:clap:

Great photo. :smashin:

thanks for the comments people. The thing with the angle is that I literally couldn't get any further away as I was moulded on to a tiny rock that jutted out onto the river. My tripod was spread over the edge with the legs clinging onto a 60degree slope. All that was after climbing down what was pretty much a cliff. I did take some photos where i was more in line with the weir but they didn't really do anything for me as it was just white water going over the weir which has been done to death. Bacically that rock was pointing into the centre of the river so I couldn't get it from a more side on view.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom