Water falling

T0MAT01

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I've got a bit of a thing for photographing Waterfalls, I must spend ages trying out different shutter speeds and angles because more often than not I eventually find I'm standing there on my lonesome!

Anyhoo, I took this at the weekend and while it doesn't exactly show 'the edge' I can promise you the water most certainly went over it. ;)

Exif:

Focal Length: 24mm
Shutter speed: 1/13th sec
Aperture: f/4
ISO 200
Date: 14/04/2007

IMG_7593.jpg

Thanks for looking, all C&C welcome. :)

I can see waht you were trying to do,and its a lovely shot:smashin: .

I would have Most certainly used a slower shutter speed though,to give it that milky eb.

I like how you have done this. But I do think it would have been nice to see the edge that the water was going over. But still a good photo.

I would have Most certainly used a slower shutter speed though,to give it that milky eb.

It can certainly give the water a milky look as you say, although for me it sometimes verges on looking a bit too unnatural.

I did take one at 1/4 sec but the water actually doesn't look much different and that's about as low as I go without using a tripod. :suicide:

that's about as low as I go without using a tripod.
:lesson: Ah now it makes sense.

Its only my opinion,so take no notice,its just that Im a fan of moving water and slow shutter speeds.:rolleyes:

Its a nice shot.:)

Where's the edge..?? Im dead certain that is rain:D

Nice photo :thumbsup:

The "edge" and maybe a milky look of the water (with a slower shutter speed with a tripod) would have been fantastic but it is always easy to see these thing from the comfort of a warm room in front of a PC:rolleyes:

Great effort well done:)

Have to say I'd have prefered to see the edge too.

Me too actually, but it just wasn't very photogenic and I couldn't get to where I needed to be since this was taken inside a greenhouse at Kew Gardens.
I think I done ok at hiding all the glazing bars! :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom