Water and Light show, KL

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!...

I posted about this in the ‘annoyances’ thread, as this was the only shot I could get due to overzealous security staff closing the park, just as the last water & light show was starting!

So, once again, not the shot I had planned, taken from the wrong spot etc. I came up with another couple of ideas to take back home - but having been to look at our local towns pathetic attempt at festive lighting, decided to stick with this!

It’s a well known shot, of the water and light show beneath the Petronas towers in KL. The show is held at 8,9 and 10pm. I only managed to get to the 10pm show, as I needed to eat with the crew earlier - and 10pm is when the park closes apparently. Quite what the point of the 10pm show is then, I don’t know, as few people can see it! Anyway....

E78EA288-07C1-4AE7-9AF2-BDFFB8FF8A09.jpeg

Taken on my new toy, a Canon M50, with EFS-M adaptor and 10-22mm Lens. Edited in Snapseed. Can’t remember the exact exposure settings, but a longish exposure of around 25 or 30 seconds and F11 (I think) to try and get an ethereal water glow - only partially successful!

Very nice. Might have been tempted to use a bit of dehaze just to make the towers 'pop' a bit more, but overall a really nice shot.

Nice one :cool:

Great shot.
I've been there many a time as I have family over there.
Absolutely love the food in KL:thumbsup:
Hate the humidity and mozzies though:thumbsdow

Very nice. Might have been tempted to use a bit of dehaze just to make the towers 'pop' a bit more, but overall a really nice shot.

I don’t think I have access to a dehaze filter, but I have just realised I forgot to apply any sharpening, which may have helped a little; and Snapseed has a filter called ‘structure’, which again, improves the look - though TBH, I’m not sure what it does - not that it matters, as I didn’t apply that either! :rolleyes::D

Great shot.
I've been there many a time as I have family over there.
Absolutely love the food in KL:thumbsup:
Hate the humidity and mozzies though:thumbsdow

Probably my favourite destination on our network - it remains to be seen whether I ever get back, as our rostering system has been changed from January on - and not for the better.:mad:

It’s a shame, as I have family there too, my wife is from Ipoh, a little way to the North, and while she was orphaned as a kid, she still has Aunts, Uncles and cousins over there.

The food is great isn’t it! It’s why I could only make the 10pm light show - I had planned on making the 9pm show, but I’m not going to miss the food for anything!:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom