• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Watchmen UK Director's Cut Pre-Order- November 30th

lgans316

Distinguished Member
I will wait for the ultimate edition release by Paramount even if its going take couple of years. For the time being, will stay away from Warner's VC-1 encoded filtered BD unless they offer an unfiltered picture and uncompromising encode for the ultimate edition release.

bosque

Distinguished Member
That cover art is much better than the skull & crossbones cover for the US Ultimate Edition. Seeing as Paramount's UK print has been shown to be better than Warner's print for the US release, it will be interesting to see how the improvement holds up with the longer cut.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Seeing as Paramount's UK print has been shown to be better than Warner's print for the US release, it will be interesting to see how the improvement holds up with the longer cut.

Where is the evidence to support this claim? Wouldn't mind reading up on this.

tvmonkey

Awesome, i'd been holding off buying the American version. Glad it doesn't look too expensive either.

I will wait for the ultimate edition release by Paramount even if its going take couple of years. For the time being, will stay away from Warner's VC-1 encoded filtered BD unless they offer an unfiltered picture and uncompromising encode for the ultimate edition release.

It's not an Ultimate Edition, it's an Ultimate Cut.

It depends if you want to watch animation spliced into an already lengthy film. Personally, I don't like animation especially not added in! Each to their own though.

tvmonkey

It's not an Ultimate Edition, it's an Ultimate Cut.

It depends if you want to watch animation spliced into an already lengthy film. Personally, I don't like animation especially not added in! Each to their own though.

Yeah, i couldn't care less about the Black Freighter bits being cut in. It's just a Directors Cut that i'm interested in really, though i would like to have both the DC and the Theatrical in one set though.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
I understand that they want to bring it more in line with the source material, but seriously, shoehorning in some dire animation isn't going to help. The movie feels episodic enough.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
The spelling of superfluous was last night after far too many shandy's after the Old Firm game. Now edited.:rotfl:

I still stand by my comment re. AVS forums though.

bosque

Distinguished Member
The spelling of superfluous was last night after far too many shandy's after the Old Firm game. Now edited.:rotfl:

I still stand by my comment re. AVS forums though.

You must have a different understanding of the word to the one I have which is: "unnecessary".

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
You must have a different understanding of the word to the one I have which is: "unnecessary".

Still blootered after weekend's celebration!:oops:

The Region A Watchmen looks jolly spiffing to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom