• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Watchmen - TV Series (HBO)

nheather

Distinguished Member
Just started watching episode 4.

Has anybody noticed that there are scenes in the “previously” at the start which haven’t appeared in previous episodes.

First saw this in episode 3 and assumed I had just missed it but now I’m seeing the same thing in episode 4 so I’m not sure now.

Examples

Episode 3 - shows car being lifted into the air with an electro magnet, by some sort of aircraft. At the end episode 3 the car falls out of the sky narrowly missing the female FBI agent - but I never saw it lifted other than in the “previously”.

Episode 4 - with the Jeremy Irons character, shows a room full of dead maids and butlers, also shows him firing a maid from a giant catapult. Don’t recall either of these scenes in the main story.

Makes me think we are seeing a cut down version to fit Sky Atlantic’s adverts.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

encaser

Distinguished Member
Not necessarily. Private fire departments in the USA are often called "Brigades".

For example:

I can't easily see if there's a formal distinction between brigade and department for US firefighting teams, but a search on the linked website shows plenty of "brigades" in current operation - mainly private firms. I guess that "department" is government or state-funded.
State (with British/French etc. influences) and era dependent with local/national government growth.

maverick177uk

Not necessarily. Private fire departments in the USA are often called "Brigades".

For example:

I can't easily see if there's a formal distinction between brigade and department for US firefighting teams, but a search on the linked website shows plenty of "brigades" in current operation - mainly private firms. I guess that "department" is government or state-funded.
Never seen any USA based program call them brigade believe me I’d notice, always fire dept, like I said British actor so probably what he’s used to saying, as now we are all called service as brigade is not PC.

gavinhanly

@nheather - re the car, that was right at the end of episode 2. How did that end in the version you saw? And the other scene you mention was actually in episode 4. Both are crucial plot points.

nheather

Distinguished Member
@nheather - re the car, that was right at the end of episode 2. How did that end in the version you saw? And the other scene you mention was actually in episode 4. Both are crucial plot points.
I'll have a look. I concede that the car may have been at the end of episode 2, but the other scenes that I mentioned are definitely not in Episode 4 (other that in the "previous" section).

Cheers,

Nigel

gavinhanly

And the other scene you say was in the previously in before ep 4?

Are you sure you’re not Dr Manhattan?

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
And the other scene you say was in the previously in before ep 4?

Are you sure you’re not Dr Manhattan?
So had a look back at the episodes

The car being lifted - yes agree, it is right at the end of episode two, not sure how I missed that, must have nodded off.

But the test firing of the catapult using a maid, and the room full of dead maids and butlers - I‘ve been through episodes 1, 2 and 3 but can’t see those.

What episode do you say they are in?

Cheers,

Nigel

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
So had a look back at the episodes

The car being lifted - yes agree, it is right at the end of episode two, not sure how I missed that, must have nodded off.

But the test firing of the catapult using a maid, and the room full of dead maids and butlers - I‘ve been through episodes 1, 2 and 3 but can’t see those.

What episode do you say they are in?

Cheers,

Nigel
ep4 for catapult

nheather

Distinguished Member
ep4 for catapult
I’m a twit. Just gone back and realised what I have done. Somehow, I intended to watch Episode 4 but selected Episode 5 from the planner. I totally missed the actual Episode 4.

All makes sense.

Got to go back and watch it properly.

Cheers,

Nigel

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
#7 An Almost Religious Awe

Epic! :cool:

Trapdoor gag :D

Pigs Jury ftw :D

farting....

Elephant in the room, they don't forget

Could cloner Lady Trieu's rumoured father The Comedian turn up in the final

The daughter is the mother wtf

and even better the last two upcoming episodes preview look aces.

Laurie's dildo is Ex-cal-ibur = Cal Abar - Doc EX of Laurie

Anyone mentioned Iron Eagle/Chappy Sinclair aka Will Reeves, Angela's grandfather.

gavinhanly

Another excellent episode - and while I've avoided next week's teaser, I'm assuming...
FINALLY - some Dr Manhattan action.

I think I'm going to have to get out my oversized Watchmen hardback for a Xmas re-reading. It's been a while.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Averaging 7.1M viewers per episode for HBO.
The networks' most watched new show since Big Little Lies.

encaser

Distinguished Member
At least Dr Manhattan didn't have to get a case of the mumbles in the car at N words whilst rapping along to joints like blue/white folks. :D