• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question watching UK TV on a xbmc box?

ArmitageShanks

Yes , but it depends on what you mean by "UK TV". If you want proper live broadcast TV, then you need a tuner (and probably a PVR backend supported by XBMC). If you want to stream TV, then I'm guessing there are plug-ins for the various TV catchup services and live streams.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
I have 3 streamers in my house hold.
You can watch all uk TV channels no problem, even have the channel listings on it.
Mine all operate with Kodi installed.
Just make sure you have a fast internet connection and hard wire it for best results.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
So once kodi is installed. Which addins do I need for uk tv f th programs?
Have a look at, noobsandnerds web site. Look at community builds, there are some fantastic ones on there and all free to download.
I'll send a link for YouTube showing some builds,

I use this one,

And this one is very well liked, but does have adult content as well so keep that in mind if children are about but you can set up passwords.

And another popular build,

If you only require UK tv channels then you can remove all other content and just have exactly what you want.

Any more info required just ask mate as I have installed loads of these for family and friends.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom