1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching TV whilst recording on DVD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bentimmis, Jun 18, 2003.

1. bentimmis

bentimmis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone out there help me? Years ago, when VCRs first appeared, one of the delights was watching one TV channel whilst recording another. I now have a 37" Panasonic Plasma, and a Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD recorder. I have a Telewest Digital Pace cable box, and an aerial socket on the wall behind. I use Altec Lansing speakers, because I didn't think the Panasonic ones were good enough. I also have a Pro-V tuner (not the Pro-V plus). I did get the TUPTA 600B tuner, but had to return it when I discovered it was not compatible with the Plasma. (And if anyone has a TUPTA 300 tuner, which is, apparently, the one I need, but which is discontinued, please let me know!).

The question is: How do I watch one channel whilst recording another? Not a lot to ask.

Any advise, set out in a way that a teckie moron can understand, will be eternally appreciated.

Ben

2. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connect the aerial socket on the wall to the HS2, loop from HS 2 to your tuner box. That sorts out your analogue. As for the telewest box I'm afraid you can only get one channel out of it at a time, so if you're recording from it you can't watch another channel, but of course you can still watch from your analogue source.

3. bentimmis

bentimmis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a go...

Ben