1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching TV on a portable DVD Player

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by ken1956, Feb 4, 2005.

1. ken1956

ken1956

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Mustek portable dvd player (not with the built in TV tuner :rolleyes: ). It does have a video/audio in option. What I want to know is whether I can buy an aerial/tuner that would plug into these sockets and let me watch tv on the player. I am not too bothered about getting all the freeview channels - something simple is enough.

Does anyone know if someone makes something like this that doesn't cost the earth? Most of what I've found seems to be designed for PCs via a USB port.

Any help is appreciated.

2. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ken1956

ken1956

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this. :thumbsup:

I think the problem with would be that it doesn't have an AV out - it connects directly to the game socket in the GBA. Might still consider it though, cos I do have a GBA as well. Mind you, you would think if someone is making one like this then there must be one with an AV out socket somewhere!

4. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Several places (like here) make reference to the AV in/out socket so you might be in luck, with a little creative cabling.

5. ken1956

ken1956

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link.

:oops: I obviously didn't read enough detail about it. I have ordered up one of these. It certainly sounds like it should be possible to get it to work. The worst that will happen is that I can use it on the GBA.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply - appreciate it!