watching TV across a LAN

NaTT

Is it posible to watch a TV source on a networked PC that is feeding into another PC on your LAN?

I heard somewhere that if you had a pair of Radeon something like this was possible.

Mark Ward

Nebula streaming across the network works wonderfully, the only difficulty I'm having is convincing my firewall (Sygate) that the mass of streamed data is not a Denial-of-service attack.

Once I get that sorted I'll be very happy with it in-deed.

Mark.

NaTT

Ah yes the ubiquitous nebula card!

So how does it work? Do you have to run any client software on the recipient PC?

Plus is there another way? I've got an analogue capture card, because I get NTL: Digital. I couldn't distribute Sky One round the house with a Nebula.

NaTT

Yipeeee.....

see this link http://www.ati.com/products/multimediacenter/eazyshare.html

Basically if the server has an All-in-wonder you just run the Ati multimedia center on all your PCs and hey presto a multi media server (including live TV).

So a cheappy PC + TFT in bedrooms could watch and control any video source, for less than an LCD telly from John Lewis.

Convergence at last. You won't have to use wireless video senders etc, just an existing wired or wireless LAN.

So I'm, excited. What am I missing? What;s the down side? (like you have to have a Radeon card in each PC, which impacts on the price/size of the HCPC case?)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom