• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Watching Traffic cops on BBC3, why are all involved ethnic minorities ?

rastamouse

Anybody else just watched Traffic Cops on BBC3, not wanting to be racist, but the amount of ethnic minorities featured on the program the police have to deal with is shocking !! I appreciate it's filmed near London which have many of these type of people but still it's odd, there were at least three crashes caused by asians to cash in on compensation, one black guy arrested for murder, one other mixed race chap who resisted arrest, a group of cocky asians driving a hire car with every one a liar or on probation.........ohh and one white guy done for being a disqualified driver.

Any reason that ethnics make up the majority of these shows ?

karkus30

Banned
rastamouse said:
Anybody else just watched Traffic Cops on BBC3, not wanting to be racist, but the amount of ethnic minorities featured on the program the police have to deal with is shocking !! I appreciate it's filmed near London which have many of these type of people but still it's odd, there were at least three crashes caused by asians to cash in on compensation, one black guy arrested for murder, one other mixed race chap who resisted arrest, a group of cocky asians driving a hire car with every one a liar or on probation.........ohh and one white guy done for being a disqualified driver.

Any reason that ethnics make up the majority of these shows ?

Probably just like any other trading opportunity. Its more likely that low level crimes are related to low opportunity. In other words, white people are generally able to access better paid opportunities. Therefore there is more white crime committed at the top but this is rarely reported. The most obvious crime is that which affects the general public and that's where the criminal opportunities lie for black and Asian people.

Just a gut feeling.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
All the crimes in Rastamouse are committed by ethnic minorities too. Ask President Wensleydale if you don't believe me

rastamouse

I didn't say they were foreigners.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Three possible reasons ....

1 - British Caucasians were caught on film but the BBC edit those out

2 - The Police chose to ignore all British Caucasians and only stop Ethnic Minorities

3 - On the day of filming all the driving offences encountered were committed by Ethnic Minorities

Cheers,

Nigel

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Gilli01 said:
whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the phone. When did he get promoted. He was Superintendent Wensleydale when me and my boy watched it.

(sorry for going off topic) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't think he was a president either but google suggests he always was????

claire

I was thinking this myself. There was also the white guy who got done for not wearing a seat belt. The woman at the end , who was on the verge of tears I couldn't have felt more sorry for. Brought a smile to my ears when the commentator gleefully said ' Her insurance have so far refused to pay out any money'.

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
Perhaps it's because ethnic minorities commit a disproportionate amount of crimes.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
If it was filmed in certain areas then the chances are they will be of the non white description. Why these areas are picked I dont know.

Last edited:

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
Wow, one reply and already the PC brigade have nipped it in the bud.

yeah it's obvious to anyone: brown people are inherently more capable of crime, it's in their genetics. I mean, just the other day I was cautioned for running a pyramid scheme.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Instead of blaming it on low opportunity lets look into the fact that often black kids get involved in gangs and within that culture they get more respect from going to Prison than going to college. Yes it might well be linked to low opportunity but I still feel there's more to it than that.

kevykat

Distinguished Member
It does all depend on where it's filmed. There was a Scottish equivalent of this show on a while ago and it was all us whiteys. Being done for assaults, drunk and disorderly, drug dealing etc

Last edited:

blue max

Distinguished Member
You can legislate against racism, but you can't necessarily change people's attitudes. I have no doubt it is still more difficult for some members of our community and lack of opportunities inevitably leads to more crime.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if there were proportionally more. However you would have to rule out other factors, such as the area, ethnic mix, affluence and not least editing.

To an extent, programmes like that only propagate and justify the racist view. Shame their are not more positive role models, but it is easier to dumb down and make more sensationalist programmes.

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Three possible reasons ....

1 - British Caucasians were caught on film but the BBC edit those out

2 - The Police chose to ignore all British Caucasians and only stop Ethnic Minorities

3 - On the day of filming all the driving offences encountered were committed by Ethnic Minorities

Cheers,

Nigel

LOL, yeah because that would happen wouldnt it??

shodan

Distinguished Member
It does all depend on where it's filmed. Therewas a Scottish equivalent of this show on a while ago and it was all us whiteys. Being done for assaults, drunk and disorderlys, drug dealing etc

Nearly joked that that was normal behaviour for the Sweaty's but that would've been racist so I didn't. In fact, I didn't even think it....

shodan

Distinguished Member
Maybe the OP could email the BBC and ask them about the editing and directing of the show then report back here?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom