Watching the wife/girlfriend playing computer games.

Bill Hicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
Just watching the wife trying to play the new Zelda game on the wii and she's driving me nuts! She's at the beginning of the game when you have to learn how to use the sword and she just keeps doing everything wrong. Come to think of it, every time over the years when she's playing a computer game I just have to keep pointing out what she's doing wrong and she gets the hump with me for pointing stuff out. If she has a go at Call of Duty she will run around with the camera facing the ground and getting wiped out cos she hasn't worked out how to use the controller correctly, but when I try to show her how to play the game she just starts whining on about me "interfering" then gets shot!
Drives me bonkers!

Do you have the same thing watching your significant other when she's playing computer games?

Thank god she doesn't drive! :devil:

She must feel blessed that she's been allowed a Wii in the kitchen!

Perhaps she would be better off with 'flower planting game' :devil:

/Sarcasm

I think this is the case with close family members doing anything.

When my brother started playing COD I was getting frustrated at him for doing things wrong.

When my Dad taught me and my Mom how to drive, that was always interesting. My Dad is always saying I should learn various things from him (he is in the building trade). Whilst I would like that, it would not end well!

Thankfully my wife doesn't play computer games! :D

Don't worry, we women feel the same watching your guys "trying" to clean or cook. :p

Bill, My wife is exactly the same... She gets incredibly frustrated that I'm so crap at computer games :D

;)

My wife spent 30 minutes trying to walk through a door in COD 2 - just could not get the concept of one thumb controlling direction and the other movement. Gaming in 3D just did not compute. Luckily Hexic and Zuma are in 2D and she quickly mastered both....

Women and technology don't mix :D

Jenn said:
Don't worry, we women feel the same watching your guys "trying" to clean or cook. :p

Funny enough I do most of the cooking in the house ha ha my wife is just crap at tech but she is being quite good on the mac.

I think women have an issue with hand to eye coordination , probably because they are so busy multitasking :rolleyes:

My missus is very artistic and is always making things. (currently she makes/decorates jute bags for women. Sounds crap when I try to explain it, so just search for Moozies on facebook to see what i mean). She doesn't do gaming although she has been known to get a bit addicted to a professor layton game on the DS. Other than that, she liked Singstar on the playstation, but thats not the most technical of games..

Compared to her artistic talents, I can barely write my own name and she gets frustrated with me as I won't even attempt to help her with gemming a bag, or painting something as I just know I'll balls it up. (But stragely, if I'm decorating then my painting is very good!).
But I'm sure it would only end in tears (mostly mine) if I tried to get her to play Unchartered of Battlefield on the PS3. She just has no interest in it. Mind you, on the PS2, Gran Turismo (the last one on that platform) she was a whizz around the Nurburgring in the top spec Apha Romeo and would leave me for dead on it!

I tried to get my bird into gaming. She can't use a controller so can't do anything. I 've told her that she will get used to it if she does it, but she doesn't listen. She thinks the game is just about how to control the character on screen although I've tried to explain that part should happen without thinking about it and the game itself is what you're playing. Doesn't work. She also says all games are grey. I don't know what she's on about but have given up trying.

My wife is awesome at video games, she has completed the entire Zelda and Mario series so far on all our consoles (hasn't got the new Zelda yet but it's at the top of her list). She is brilliant at Fable too....and Singstar and Dance Central. She doesn't do shooters or racing though...thank god because she'd make me look bad!

Tried to get the wife to play co-op Halo many years ago.

She couldn't graps the concept of first person perspective, kept asking me "but where is my guy". Running around pointing at the floor and the ceiling. Gave up trying at that point.

Video games are an invention of the devil as far as she is concerned.

I do love a thread like this :D

My husband and platform games don't seem to go together. Blooming annoying watching him failing to jump and bounce about in lego games

Decadence said:
My wife is awesome at video games, she has completed the entire Zelda and Mario series so far on all our consoles (hasn't got the new Zelda yet but it's at the top of her list). She is brilliant at Fable too....and Singstar and Dance Central. She doesn't do shooters or racing though...thank god because she'd make me look bad!

Same as fella. Mine however, is awesome at all the games I buy. She completed MW3 before I did....she even managed to prestige before I did. It hurts....it hurts alot.

My missus. Tried playing battlefield with her earlier and it ended badly! It was hilarious. She couldn't do moving and looking at the same time. Give her a racing game or little big planet and she's off. I won't play racing games with her anymore because she is so much better than me :(

My wife just thinks video games are like movies, and you're not really controlling anything. Seriously. I tried to get her to play one and she was just like "why isn't it doing anything" so I show her how to use the controls and then she's like "well this is rubbish". It just doesn't compute at all. I've long since given up.

Decadence said:

Good call on fable, my girlfriend has done well with those because you can't really die in them and you can't fall off the edge.

Attempted gears of war once and after spending 10 minutes trying to Peel her away from the wall she kept walking in to I gave up. She had a good start on assassins creed but struggles running in a straight line, a fairly important skill in most 3d games

Ryan233 said:
Funny enough I do most of the cooking in the house ha ha my wife is just crap at tech but she is being quite good on the mac.

Well I built my own PC and installed my ceiling mounted projector, speakers and screen; play games fine AND cook good meals for my husband.
But showing off would go again the spirit of the thread ;)

Maybe a lot of the wives/gf's are watching their grown-up OHs playing computer games and think "why did I ever hook up with this 14yr old nerd" !!

Woman & spacial awareness don't mix.
Ever seen a woman trying to reverse into a parking bay. ;)

16i6tld.gif

:D

She also says all games are grey. I don't know what she's on about but have given up trying.

She isnt colorblind is she ??? hehe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom