1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching the radio.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by brendan_dj, Feb 24, 2005.

1. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Quite often I have my Sky digibox on channel 855 (Radio 5 Live) Especially if Arsenal are playing and the game is not shown on Sky sports.

For some odd and bizarre reason, when the commentator becomes excited on the game, I turn my head to watch the TV? Why? Its only showing the Blue information screen that Sky shows when you're tuned to an audio-only station. It doesn't move or change. But for some reason, I look at it :suicide:

The reason for this post is that I will soon receive a Pioneer 435XDE :clap:
    This has a Computer VGA input. Has anybody ever connected their PC to this and run "Microsoft Media Player" which shows soothing visualisations which seem to "dance" in time to the audio.
    Not only would this be more aesthetically pleasing, but it also doubles up as a real screen saver. Not showing a continuous static image, it should prevent screen-burn of the information banner that Sky displays.

Just a thought.

Brendan

2. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    You been drinking tonight Brendan?

3. RichardHannan

RichardHannan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep... although I listen to music from mp3 collection rather than radio via sky.

...enjoy :thumbsup:

4. RichardHannan

RichardHannan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh...forgot....turn lights off, and the visualizations light up the whole room in dancing multi-colours :smashin: