1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching pc on plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Macleanrd, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Macleanrd

Macleanrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi All

I have a pw6, I want to connect my pc to my plasma, do i just get a male vga lead and connect it from my pc to the vga on plasma so I can play games.?

I watch sky through the vga on plasma, how can i have both pc and sky without having to unplug from plasma each time?

A quick reply would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Steve

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You could get a manual VGA switch for not too much money, I think maplins do one. That would save the unplugging. You have a VGA converter of some sort, I take it? The PC is just as easy to connect, you can run it at XGA at it's simplest, or you can experiment with different 16:9 resolutions, some games support them, some don't. Some modern graphics cards are fully equipped for this, and give you the option of 852/480 ie native res, and the other one to try is 1280/720, which enables you to run a sensible windows desktop, 480 lines is a bit too small. You will be bombed with messages telling you to run a higher resolution.