• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Watching Panasonic PX80B 42" from about 10ft

stratts

Does anyone have a Panasonic PX80B that they watch square on from about 10 - 11ft away?

This is the shortest distance we will watch, although a bit further away at an angle, and was wondering if it'll be too big and to go 37" instead.

I've cut a template of both tv's but it is tough to visualise the actual TV's!!

Thanx

Stratts

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
We have a 47" Tosh and sit about 9ft away and it is perfect, in another room we have a 37" and sit 8ft away and that is OK but 42" would not go amiss.

xit2050

At 10-11 feet I certainly wouldn't go any smaller than 42".
I have the same set and sit at 8-9 feet.

SteveTDCI

I had the same dilema, we have one seating position 7ft away and another 10ft away I also had the templates and there was very little in it, however due to the position and when you walk up to a 42" screen I decided that I would go for the 37" i've not got it yet but if it looks too small i'll just buy a new one !

isayisay

definitely get the 42" and ill guarantee you in a few months you'll be itching for a 50" your viewing distance is fine,i sit between 6ft and 9ft depending on where i sit and find this OK.:)

madgames

Me personally at that distance would go for a 50"
If you go for a 42" your only regret will be going going for the 50 :)

stratts

Me personally at that distance would go for a 50"
If you go for a 42" your only regret will be going going for the 50 :)

Don't go chucking another size in the mix I'd just about decided on the 42" :rolleyes: :D

Don't think the budget will stretch to a 50" anyway!!

Cheers for all the info chaps :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom