Watching 'normal' TV on PDP436XDETA

T

The Cowboy

Hello all,

First time poster long time reader.

So… I've just come back from splashing the cash on the new Pioneer. Arrives a week Saturday. Very excited, if a little scared. Why? Well, the missus is slightly concerned over how 'normal' TV will look on it. We have Sky digital, but it's currently running through a Thompson TiVo (planning to go Sky HD next year, obviously.) Any opinions from owners on what the quality of broadcast TV is like on the 436?

Cheers!

Thanks Pete.

That seems to fit with what we saw in the shop. Modern broadcast stuff looked fine, but an old film on BBC2 looked a bit ropey. To be expected I guess. I'm can't wait to feed it Prog Scan DVD images and Xbox 360 games.

Like you I was concerned with the quality of Sky, but it does a fantastic job of smoothing out the picture, and there are tons of menu options to help you find the right picture quality.

I recommend downloading the pdf manual from the Pioneer site.

Thanks Stef, so overall you're happy with the PQ? Are there any obvious tips you'd go for regarding the settings?

The Cowboy said:
Thanks Stef, so overall you're happy with the PQ? Are there any obvious tips you'd go for regarding the settings?

You might want to try these

Contrast: 32
Brightness: +9
Colour: -6
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +1
Mpeg: Low
DNY: Low
CTi: On
DRE: Off

Terry

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom