• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Watching 'normal' TV on PDP436XDETA

T

The Cowboy

Hello all,

First time poster long time reader.

So… I've just come back from splashing the cash on the new Pioneer. Arrives a week Saturday. Very excited, if a little scared. Why? Well, the missus is slightly concerned over how 'normal' TV will look on it. We have Sky digital, but it's currently running through a Thompson TiVo (planning to go Sky HD next year, obviously.) Any opinions from owners on what the quality of broadcast TV is like on the 436?

Cheers!

T

The Cowboy

Thanks Pete.

That seems to fit with what we saw in the shop. Modern broadcast stuff looked fine, but an old film on BBC2 looked a bit ropey. To be expected I guess. I'm can't wait to feed it Prog Scan DVD images and Xbox 360 games.

S

StefanoC

Like you I was concerned with the quality of Sky, but it does a fantastic job of smoothing out the picture, and there are tons of menu options to help you find the right picture quality.

I recommend downloading the pdf manual from the Pioneer site.

T

The Cowboy

Thanks Stef, so overall you're happy with the PQ? Are there any obvious tips you'd go for regarding the settings?

deltatango301

Standard Member
The Cowboy said:
Thanks Stef, so overall you're happy with the PQ? Are there any obvious tips you'd go for regarding the settings?
You might want to try these

Contrast: 32
Brightness: +9
Colour: -6
Tint: 0
Sharpness: +1
Mpeg: Low
DNY: Low
CTi: On
DRE: Off

Terry

Top Bottom