Watching Football Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIRUSKEY

Does anyone know of a good site that streams tv, and the premiership football.

If so what have been your experiences and who do you use!

unique

MOD COMMENT -

i'm not a sports fan, so i don't know if what you are asking for is legal or within the site rules, so i hope anyone who answers ensures the reply doesn't break any rules

mrtbag

There are sites around. However apart from the SkySports and Setanta sites I do not know of any legal ones.

The Setanta one is quite good, as you do not have to sign up to a whole year. Just 7.99 a month, so as we're on Setanta twice in Oct, I'll book it for that.

I have used the 'free' ones in the past, and the quality isn't great and it usually involves foreign commentary (unless you find an ESPN feed). The legal ones have more bandwidth available and the picture quality is good for the money.

Jenn

Distinguished Member
Some foreign satellite channels show all the Premiership matches (as well as other sports) for an annual subscription that's way cheaper than Sky.

It is legal as long as you pay for your subscription but you will need a separate dish and box.

Not Internet streaming though.

logain

As mentioned before there are places to watch football legally online. ITV, Setanta, Sky (only highlights I think) and BT have the BT Vision service where you can watch all premiership matches an hour or two after they have ended.

You may be asking about streaming matches live over foreign tv channels. This is illegal and will no doubt break the rules of site if I were to tell you how this done.... so i'm not going there as I don't want to be banned!!:nono:

I can say however that I haven't missed an arsenal match in the last two season's! :devil:

Westindieman

Some foreign satellite channels show all the Premiership matches (as well as other sports) for an annual subscription that's way cheaper than Sky.

It is legal as long as you pay for your subscription but you will need a separate dish and box.

Not Internet streaming though.

Its not strictly legal, just a blind eye is turned if its not public broadcasting.

Jenn

Distinguished Member
Its not strictly legal, just a blind eye is turned if its not public broadcasting.

Courts don't seem to agree though
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/world/pub power/164495#fold

As I understand it's illegal to have something broadcast from within the UK but some foreign channels actually have rights to show the Premiership and subscriptions to these channels are freely available in the UK from Satellite dealers.

Now obviously I'm not a lawyer and if you know of a law or court case or whatever that says it's illegal you may be right and I stand corrected (but I'd like to read the article).

Westindieman

Courts don't seem to agree though
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/world/pub power/164495#fold

As I understand it's illegal to have something broadcast from within the UK but some foreign channels actually have rights to show the Premiership and subscriptions to these channels are freely available in the UK from Satellite dealers.

Now obviously I'm not a lawyer and if you know of a law or court case or whatever that says it's illegal you may be right and I stand corrected (but I'd like to read the article).

You might be right Jenn. I just had that impression when I enquired on a forum in the close season about getting a satalite subscription for those scandinavian channels that show live footie.

BTW the link I posted to fsicrew has been deleted as piracy, can anyone tell me why its piracy?

John

You might be right Jenn. I just had that impression when I enquired on a forum in the close season about getting a satalite subscription for those scandinavian channels that show live footie.

BTW the link I posted to fsicrew has been deleted as piracy, can anyone tell me why its piracy?

Check out the rules . specifically the bit on Piracy

Obtaining copyrighted material through illegal means is generally known as Piracy is it not ?
Having scoured the EPL site , and reading through their broadcast partners list , there is no mention of Live Internet Viewing/streaming available to the UK

There is currently an on going case involving 5 Pubs who use foreign broadcasters to show such matches

If someone has a legal link to live matches , then they can PM me and I will reopen the thread

In answer to the OP , you can't in the UK , watch live football legally on the internet . So I am closing this thread .

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom