1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching Football on LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ginger, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There have been a number of questions in this forum about how football looks on an LCD screen. Having just watched the Scotland vs Sweden game on Sky Sports 1 on my new Tosh 32WL48 I thought I'd give you my impressions.

Brightness levels were high at the start , however these dropped throughout the game and it was quite dull by the end - I thought it was only plasmas that suffered from burn-out.

Colour settings seemed a bit off with yellow being strong and dark blue looking weak.

There was a definite lack of sharpness: My picture controls could do nothing to improve Scotland's first touch.

Similarly the balance controls had no effect and the game got more and more one-sided as it went on. I would say that there was a very high contrast ratio - certainly in the 2nd half.

There was some discernible background noise throughout - mainly the Scotland fans chanting "sack the board" and "SFA you're having a laugh" and some interference with fans running onto the pitch. I will have a better SCART connection in time for the Scotland vs Italy game so I'll need to see if this improves things.

The LCD certainly showed up the poor quality input. I know that Sky intend to start broadcasting in high quality by 2006 but this will be far too late to give Scotland a chance to qualify for the World Cup.

In conclusion, watching Scotland is no better on my new 32" LCD than it was on my old 20" CRT

2. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh: :laugh:

Nice one.

You were lucky you didn't watch the England game. :rolleyes: :eek: