Watching films from PC on TV in other room

if you own a ps3 or xbox 360 then problem solved.

media on a computer can be streamed directly to either

Not best suited in this forum but you can't go wrong with a western digital media player.

You can get wireless video senders if a composite signal and stereo is good enough, but I suspect it gets expensive if you want a Hi-def signal.

I don't currently own an Xbox 360 or PS3, but I have before and they were excellent for this.

I'd prefer a decent signal which supports HD, not too fussed about the sound as long as it's clear enough.

I've been digging through my old PC parts to see if I can put a PC together which could go next to the TV, but many of the parts are 5+ years old. Not sure if it could handle the HD films.

If you have a PS3 then use this program:
PS3 Media Server
decodes films on the fly so that you can play them back on the PS3.

Not too sure if there are any programs for the Xbox to do the same but I remember setting up my friends and it was not as simple as the PS3 to get films working.

and over 25 meters I am not sure how well HDMI works, I would not hold my breath.

I don't currently own an Xbox 360 or PS3, but I have before and they were excellent for this.

I'd prefer a decent signal which supports HD, not too fussed about the sound as long as it's clear enough.

I've been digging through my old PC parts to see if I can put a PC together which could go next to the TV, but many of the parts are 5+ years old. Not sure if it could handle the HD films.

oops ignore my other post then!

And a PC does not have to be that great to run HD films.

Just put an entry level graphics card in there (around the 20-30 quid mark) and you should be good to go.

If you aren't adverse to running a long HDMI cable from your PC to the TV, which you said you would be prepared to do in your first post, do that and get yourself a decent wireless, RF, keyboard. Might have a problem with the distance tho (most RF keyboards claim up to 10m) so I'd advise running a long USB cable with the HDMI and plugging the dongle in the end of it, meaning the RF receiver would be in the same room as you. Should work.

I've got one of these, and it was perfect for when I used a PC in my living room;

KeySonic 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard with Integrated.. | Ebuyer.com

just pick up an acryan play!on mini on the classifieds or buy one new for around the £60 mark and you can stream everything to the tv. You can get a wireles dongle but if possible a network cable run between the two would be ideal to handle 1080p files, but depending on wifi signal you can stream 720p wirelessly. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom