Watching DVD in a different room via Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by johnp68, Jan 5, 2007.

1. johnp68

johnp68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can currently watch Sky+ in various other rooms via the Sky RF output.

I've recently bought a new DVD player, which is situated in the living room with the Sky box. For convenience, I'd like to be able to watch DVDs in all the other rooms (this is our only DVD player!).

I've tried connecting the DVD player to the Sky box using a Scart lead into Sky's VCR input. This allows me to watch DVDs through the Sky box using the Scart input on the TV in the living room, so something is working, but the DVD signal doesn't seem to be output to the Sky RF output as I've tried re-tuning the TVs in the other rooms and they cannot find the DVD signal.

Any ideas how I can set up differently so that it works please? The DVD player has all sorts of outputs available.

Cheers
    John

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
  3. nickp8

nickp8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    The VCR scart socket on the sky box is not an input its an output to connect to your vcr.

You can buy a rf modulator that can be connected to the dvd player. It will then give you an uhf output that but the picture wont be great.

http://www.letsautomate.com/11104.cfm?

As already said your better of buying a cheap player for the bedroom.

Nickp.

4. johnp68

johnp68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try the UHF modulator. Picture quality not important as it's just for my 2 year old daughter. Cheaper than buying 4 more dvd players for the 4 rooms that are linked up to Sky on the RF, and fewer boxes/leads etc.

5. mc1

mc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Somewhere in the back of my mind, i seem to recall the dvd picture being presented via rf1 and the sky channel through rf2. But i could be getting confused with an old DTT box i had.

6. Tino

Tino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If its any use, I saw a DVD player in Sainsbury today for £17.99 it think.

7. Broadz

Broadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,423
    Not strictly true - it's an input/output. If you press play on the DVD the DVD signal will go into the Sky box via the VCR scart, and play out of the TV scart. But it obviously doesn't overwrite the RF aerial signal.

8. FRANTIC FRANC

FRANTIC FRANC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    The easiest thing to do is to buy a DVD recorder (or any DVD player that has RF output).

You need to connect the aerial to the aerial input of the DVD box.

Then connect a RF flylead from the RF output of the DVD player to the aerial input of the Sky digibox.

then connect a RF flylead from RF1 output on the Sky to your TV and the TV link cable to RF2 on your Sky digibox.

Then you need to tune your second TV into the frequency of the dvd player and bingo! It will work. But make sure neither the digibox or the DVD player output frequencies clash with each other or your local aerial frequencies.

Cheers, Franc