Watching content from ATV2 onto Ipad 2

dodgydaz

I have a jailbroken ATV2 with XBMC installed and all the add ons I need. I also have an IPAD 2 which is on OIS 5.

My question is- Is there a way I can watch a film using the Icefilms addon on the ATV2 and then if I decide to, watch it on my Ipad instead?
There have been a few occasions when I have got half way through a film and decided to watch the rest of it in bed or in another room as the wife wants to watch something else. At the moment, I have to pause the movie and then resume it another time - which sometimes never happens.
I have googled and googled but nothing comes up. I am thinking that there is maybe a way to watch a film from Icefilms on the Ipad if it is jailbroken, but am not 100%.
Thanks

scudder

If you go to Cydia you can add the XBMC app to a JB iPad, you will then have to update it to the latest 'nightly build' of XBMC to make sure you have the latest version. If you go to the XBMC forums and search all will be explained for ios version. You need to use an SHH client to do this.
Then add Icefilms, Navi-X, or whatever.

Try - HOW-TO:Install XBMC on iPad/iPhone/iPod touch - XBMC

Of course you will not be able to do what you asked in the post, i.e. watch half a film on your ATV2 and then continue on the iPad, each film will be back at the begining when you access it and fast forwarding is a laborious task (not fast at all :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom