Watching BBC HD in 3D

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by car-man, Jan 6, 2012.

1. car-man

car-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    A relative of mine asked me earlier why he couldn't watch Strictly at Christmas when it was broadcast in 3D.

He has the LG47650T passive 3D tv connected to a Humax Freeview HD box, his tv aerial is connected to the Humax with HDMI out to the tv (as far as I can gather)

Anyone any idea what he needs to be doing to enable him to watch 3D programmes when they are broadcast on BBC HD?

I know he should bypass the Humax, but what should he do without taking his aerial out of the Humax if there is 3D content to watch on BBC HD?

Any advice welcome, thanks.

2. derek500

derek500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    He just needed to watch the correct channel, BBC HD and not BBC One HD which showed the 2d version.

No more 3d on BBC in the near future though. Wimbledon and Olympics are planned and maybe a couple more tests before that.

3. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    There has been some test broadcasts on each morning over the past week. The Humax won't be an issue as the signal is sent as Side by Side, so is encoded as 3D in the TV from 2 frames side by side.