Watching and recording

F

ferndown

I suspect that I am doing something stupid, but .....
I have just bought a Panasonic DMREH60D and have a coax input to the recorder and coax and Scart outputs to the TV. When I am recording with the EH60D the TV goes blank and it also goes blank when the recorder is in standby.

How do I watch another channel on the TV in these circuastances?

Many thanks

I think the first thing you need to do is make sure you get a picture to your TV when you are recording.

I would firstly remove the coax lead from the recorder to the TV and just leave the scart lead and make sure you can get a picture from the DMR-EH60D on your TV when playing back or recording.

Secondly I would remove the scart lead from DMR-EH60D to the TV and check you can get an analogue signal to the TV's analogue tuner, thus ensuring the DMR-EH60D is daisy chaining the analogue the signal from itself to the TV. Also check whether this works when the player is on and in standby. It may only work when the player is on. I've not checked this on my DMR-EH60D.

Check you have the recorder settings to output the correct signal via scart to the TV i.e. RGB would be best if your TV supports RGB. Are you using a fully wired scart lead?

If you get that all working seperately, connect everything back up.

You should then at least be able to record from the internal Freeview tuner and route an alogue signal to your TV at the same time.

I have noticed on several devices that if the appliance is not on or not left in "standby" mode then the co-axial aerial loop through feed does not work. If your aerial signal strength is very good then you can use an aerial co-ax splitter to feed two separate coax
aerial signal outlets. One to the TV and one to the dvd recorder. This means that whatever state your dvd is currently in, you will still be able to watch a different programme on the TV.
Problems may arise if your aerial signal is not good (like mine) then you may have to use a TV amplified signal booster with two or three outlets to route the aerial signal separately to different appliances.

Many thanks for your excellent help. I'll try these things tomorrow and see if I can sort it.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom