Watch video from USB on Samsung LCD TV

crisfca

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Taking the risk of sounding stupid... :), anyone can tell me..why I cannot watch videos from a usb stick on my Samsung Series 5 LCD TV? It gives you the option for music and pictures only...do I need to do anything?

Thks!

Cris

I have the Series 4 (B450) LCD which has a USB port which I would like to enable for Movies, Pics and sound. I've managed to get my Series 6 LED to enable Movies but I cant get my Series 4 to do it, any suggestions?

Cheers

Chris

For the Series 5 you could try what I did for the Series 6 - <info> <Menu> <Mute> <Power> to get into the service menu then find the option to enable movie playback. I suspect it will be there if you already have pics and music.

Hello,

the right solution is to enable the MKV in a Samsung LED 6000 series TV is:

1 - Enter the Service Menu (when in standby press press info, menu, mute then standby)
2 - Enter 'Control' option
3 - Enter 'Sub Option'
4 - Turn on WISELINK MOVIE, WISELINK WRITE & HIGH DEVI
5 - Press Standby

BUT!!!!
This just works with the firmware of May/2009 or earlier.
The latest firmwares are completely disables the WISELINK MOVIE feature. You cannot activate it anymore.
My firmware version number is 2000_2 and yesterday when I upgraded to the 2004_9 I cannot select it anymore!

If you want to revert back your software choose the "Alternate software" menu point and it gives you the possibility to downgrade for the earlier version.

Some problem during the play from USB.:
Sometimes the TV reset itself when you want to play. I practically found that if you wait 2-5 seconds after you step on the movie selection and before you click, it works.
Also happened that during the film it just quit.

I think that was the reason why the Samsung decided that remove the whole feature from the software.

Help!!! I just got Samsung UE46B6000. I did what was posted above and now .mkv format plays perfectly.... almost. There is no sound and the subtitles should be cyrillic but they are obviosly not. For the sound it displayed me that there are no sound codecs or something like that, i'm not sure. If anyone can, :lease: HELP.

P.S.
I think it says something like that "Audio Codec Not Suported"

P.S.2 I fixed the subs. :)

Last edited:
"Audio Codec Not Suported" is your clue...

Your MKV has audio in an unsupported format, you'll need to reencode it to a supported format.

I could be more helpful than that, but I'm annoyed at the mo so probly shouldn't be posting on forums anyway....

Anyway, with a bit of research you shall find your answer.

"Audio Codec Not Suported" is your clue...

Your MKV has audio in an unsupported format, you'll need to reencode it to a supported format.

Look in the link postings, DTS sounds isn't supported. All the answers are in the main thread.

I've managed to fix it all. Truly the audio was DTS, so a converted it to AC3 and everything works perfect. Except the problem dolon mentioned - the TV resets :confused: . I also wonder can i play other video format than .mkv ??? I tried to play a divx (or xvid, I'm not familiar - .avi) and the TV was reseting every time(when I go over the file and press play, after a few seconds of black screen).

P.S. Never mind everything's fine. :)
Thank you.

Last edited:
I have the Series 4 (B450) LCD which has a USB port which I would like to enable for Movies, Pics and sound. I've managed to get my Series 6 LED to enable Movies but I cant get my Series 4 to do it, any suggestions?

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

I too have a series 6 LED and would like some tips on how you are able to run USB movies. I've tried several file formats but media play will only display photos and music.

Cheers,

Brad.

Hello,

BUT!!!!
The latest firmwares are completely disables the WISELINK MOVIE feature. You cannot activate it anymore.
My firmware version number is 2000_2 and yesterday when I upgraded to the 2004_9 I cannot select it anymore!

hellowww...

If you go to the options menu and make your model a 7000
instead of a 6000 het WISELINK MOVIE feature is ON!!:thumbsup:

i have got the newest firmware and this is just a modelhack:eek:

greetz from hollland!

b3

Hello guys I've just changed my Model name from B530 to B550 and guess what i can now watch Jpeg pictures and play mp3 music.

NOTE: I did this trick on my one and only " Service USB " port.

but i did not have the Wiselink option.

Can you help me how can i get this :lease:

Hello,

1 - Enter the Service Menu (when in standby press press info, menu, mute then standby)
3 - Enter 'Sub Option'
5 - Press Standby

BUT!!!!

Hello mate, I have a series 5 tv, therefore the standard wiselink feature, not wiselink pro. The menu is slightly different on this series than you 6 series steps above... High Devi is in the first menu, so i turned that on, what does it do? I went into the control menu but thee is no sub option to get to any wiselink settings.

Is there anything I can do? Can I upgrade to wiselink pro?

thanks

Hello guys I've just changed my Model name from B530 to B550 and guess what i can now watch Jpeg pictures and play mp3 music.

NOTE: I did this trick on my one and only " Service USB " port.

but i did not have the Wiselink option.

Can you help me how can i get this :lease:

Hi!

Please tell us, what firmware do u use...

meanwhile, did u find a solution also for movies?

Thank you!

Hi,

does anybody know why the DVD format played on the 6000 LED in a small square in the midel of the screen? If you strech it, it just be top-bottom, but not wide.
I'm talking about just the VOB files. All the other is perfect.

thanks

I updated the software to 2010, and now i cant revert back at the "Alternate software", it doesnt give me any possibilites to do that. I found out today on the forum that i can see movies from usb. Can somebody please tell me how to revert again to 2009 version.

My tv is SAMSUNG LE40B551A6W.

Hello,

3 - Enter 'Sub Option'
5 - Press Standby

BUT!!!!

If you want to revert back your software choose the "Alternate software" menu point and it gives you the possibility to downgrade for the earlier version.

Some problem during the play from USB.:
Sometimes the TV reset itself when you want to play. I practically found that if you wait 2-5 seconds after you step on the movie selection and before you click, it works.
Also happened that during the film it just quit.

I think that was the reason why the Samsung decided that remove the whole feature from the software.

I CANT REVERT TO 2009 version, can you help me please?

Hi all. I am a novice at this. Last night we came on here and followed instructions to change our Series 5 LCD to a 7000 model so we could watch movies from a usb. It worked wonderfully and we used it all night. However this morning we turned the telly on to find it took ages , but worked. Turned it off again and now WONT even turn on!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!

Last edited:
Hello,

I have accessed the service menu on my Samsung LE32D400E but im not able to change anything. Whatever button I press, nothing happens. Right, left, up, down, OK, nothing. I'm only able to press power button. Can somebody tell me what to do? Anyways, can I even play mkv/avi on it?

scaled.php

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom