1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

watch sky one while recording sky sports

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by den911, Dec 20, 2004.

1. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a p[anasonic e65 i think i have set up ok . i used video plus to record news and punched in the number while i was watching sky one the timer came on and started recording . when i played back it was sky one and not the programe with the video plus number . my input channel is av1 . do i have to record the channel and watch can someone please tell me how it all works . thanks

2. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Your input channel from Sky would normally be AV2.

Perhaps you can give us more information re connections from your Sky box and to TV?

3. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will check all the conections and post back . it takes me a while as all the components have to come out off cabinet , thank you for your quick reply . forgive my ignorance but witch scart socket is the sky input

4. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Connections would normally be this;

Sky TV out to E65 AV2
    E65 AV1 to TV AV1
    E65 AV1 set to RGB
    E65 AV2 set to RGB
    E65 AV2 connection Normal
    Sky VCR to TV AV2 ( if you have a second scart )

5. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the e65 av to tv av1 , then thee65 av2 (dec)to sky vcr scart i then have sky tv scart to av2 on tv i am getting a little confused as the i have a diagram showing the e65 av2 decoder going to th sky box as dvd/vcr as you can see i am not very good with all these av ,s

6. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Set your connections as I have detailed above. This way you will have RGB recording and output for a vastly superior picture. The way you have it you are only recording in composite video which is inferior and your Sky box is going to a non-RGB scart on your TV.

If you follow my connections you can use video plus for terrestial recordings and then just simply select AV2 as the recording input for Sky recordings. The RGB signal from Sky will pass through the E65 when it's off. If your E65 is on and you want to watch Sky, make sure AV2 is the channel you tune into on your E65.

If you are recording from a terrestial channel and want to watch Sky at the same time, use AV2 on your TV - this is because the Sky signal will not pass through your E65 if it's recording a terrestial channel.

7. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i do not use terrestial tv because the area i live in is bad channel 4 is bad and we do not get channel five . i have set up as you have described i now have a recording from sky one with av2 that works fine . when i have e65 0n av1 is also showing sky so i put a video plus number in to record a programe different to what we were watching and pressed the timer the e65 then switched off then recorded , when i checked recording it was just black fuzzy lines . when i switch e65 back on av1 is showing picture . what i would like to know is it possible to watch a progame on sky av2 and record another programe from sky on av1 hope it makes sense to you to what i want to achieve . thanks for your patience and replys

8. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Now I'm with you.

As you are using your Sky digibox to provide access to all channels with no aeriel reception, then no you can't record one channel whilst watching another. The setup I described would need an aeriel input for channels 1-5 which would then allow you to watch terrestial TV whilst recording Sky or vice versa.

You would need Sky+ to allow you to watch one Sky channel and record another.

9. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    problem solved , thank you very much , one last question i am recording a film off sky via the video plus do i press the channel number ie 112 and switch my sky digi box off or do i have to leave it on . once again thanks for your help .

10. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Leave it on.

11. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: